Notary Rotary
Accusigning again.....
Notary Discussion History

Accusigning again.....
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by srnotary_CA on 12/12/05 1:55pm
Msg #81969

Accusigning again.....

I have made numerous calls and faxed invoices to this company trying to receive payment. I am wondering if I should send them an email and a fax with a letter stating that if I am not paid by the end of this week I am going to report them to the BBB and the title company that hired them or should I just CC it so both? I have been told we are mailing the checks to you have to talk to Steve. They are now 60 days past due on both. Is that a reasonable time to wait before contacting them? TIA

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/12/05 2:11pm
Msg #81974

Have you sent them a demand for payment letter via US registered mail with a return receipt? Costs about 5 dollars and is the only way to prove that they received your demand for payment. Faxes and calls they can always say they didn't get when you take them to small claims or a collection agency. Most companies don't want someone to build a paper trail on them and the registered letter is the first piece.

I had a similar experience with a company in So California where my phone calls, faxes and emails were ignored, which was unfortunate as I know the problem was that someone misplaced the invoice (it was a complicated transaction with a few invoices sent to them by me) because the company was always a good on time payer. I finally sent the registered letter that caused someone to sign for it and take ownership of the problem and I received the check before the return receipt made it back.

And yes, 60 days is plenty of time. Good Luck

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/12/05 2:17pm
Msg #81977

Thanks!! I am going to do that as well as fax and email. I have been patient with them because as I have read here it can take up to 45 days. Then I did a search (which taught me to check up on a company first before taking a signing) And was horrified by what I read about this company. I guess Live and Learn.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/12/05 2:21pm
Msg #81980

I've done that a couple of times.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 12/12/05 2:45pm
Msg #81990

Glen

Did your power go out this morning too?

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/12/05 3:33pm
Msg #82000

no, not since the other day

Reply by anonymous on 12/12/05 7:32pm
Msg #82024

yep we have all been there at least once, and some, even more....

Reply by Anonymous on 12/12/05 8:03pm
Msg #82030

What I have done is to write them and e-mail and ask them if it would be okay for me to send the invoice to the lender and the title company. They dont want you to do that and in the couple of cases I have had(not this company), I get a speedy response and payment. They dont want you contacting the lenders and title companies. That makes them look bad. I usually keep a copy of the hud on file until I am paid.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/12/05 9:19pm
Msg #82050

I do still have a copy of the hud on file and I sent them an email telling them that if I was not paid within a certain amount of time I was going to call the title and the l/o. I am also faxing them the same letter after my hubby gets my fax set up to get confirmations for faxes received on teh other end.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/12/05 10:12pm
Msg #82065

It's clear they're deliberately giving you the runaround. Stop playing into it and just take the next steps already instead of giving them a deadline which they'll likely just ignore anyway. You should definitely let the title company know what happened even if you receive payment tomorow. It's to everybody's benefit if this company starts losing it's clients.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/12/05 10:28pm
Msg #82070

I am in the same boat with them.... for 4 weeks they tell me to call in the morning and Steve will cut me a check- Well Steve is in Arizona opening another "Accusigning" company-To be closer to the countywide account--- So Beware their will be 2 locations and they DON'T pay! the poor lady who answers the phone says she keeps making the deposits and the money is there BUT Barbra the owner will not let her send out payments! Tomorrow I am calling the lender.

Reply by Aarono Cooper, LLC on 12/12/05 11:07pm
Msg #82078

I have the same scenario as you do. My last invoice has been outstanding since Aug 26th. If I do not have satisfaction by the end of the year, I will report them to the BBB and the Attorney General. I wonder if they are having financial difficulties and how extensive the problem is. I hope that other notaries will post their comments.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/12/05 11:14pm
Msg #82080

You've been waiting since AUGUST yet you're still giving them more time to pay you before taking action?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.