Notary Rotary
Acme Notary Nonpayment
Notary Discussion History

Acme Notary Nonpayment
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by SLM_CALIF on 12/27/05 4:18pm
Msg #84699

Acme Notary Nonpayment

Hi, I know... I know.. I probably shouldn't have taken this assignment. However, I have found sometimes if I give some SS's a chance, my experience with them can be different then other's who have claimed non-payment. Well...YOU WERE RIGHT!... Good ol' Acme Notary hasn't paid me my fee yet and it has been well over 60 + days. Live and learn right. I'm still going after them, either way. They claim the lender has not paid them yet and so I will have to be patient until they receive payment from the lender involved. I promised them if I didn't get payment immediately, I would be forced to post my e-mail on Notary Rotary. Sorry it had to come to this! Buttttt...afterall... a promise is ...afterall a promise! Thanks for letting me vent!!!

Reply by Calnotary on 12/27/05 4:34pm
Msg #84701

Who cares if the lenders hasnt paid them. You got hired by them not the lender.
They should have enough capital to operate a business. So basically they are telling
you, that they operate with your money.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/27/05 4:49pm
Msg #84702

Re: Acme Notary Nonpayment Search COLLECTIONS and

here's a quick review of what path I follow...

USE ONLY FACTUAL INFORMATION WHICH YOU CAN DOCUMENT. If you cannot prove a point, do not use it.

Report them to the title company, lender and if you get no response, draft a letter to send to the land title association of CA as well as the mortgage bankers association.

If that doesn't do anything, write your consumer div. of the attorney general in CA. If that does not work, consider contacting your congressional representative.

This last suggestion is often laughed at. Don't laugh.

I would not bring it up if I thought it was a mere threat. I had the pleasure of sharing a common office wall with my former congressman's staff. They do what is called a "congressional investigation" when they get complaints IF IT HAS MERIT.

My experience was that the staff would hand this kind of situation over to the newest one to cut their teeth on. Do you know how much these folks who are working in such offices as these love to give bad guys "the business" as Beaver Cleaver would say? A lot. They love to engage a little power and pressure when it is going to get them recognition for being a good guy.

One letter is usually all it takes from the staff and things usually shake back into good order.

I don 't whip that one out until all other options are exhausted. When I get to that point, I tell them the name of the Congressman and who will contact them from that office. Also, I say, if you would like I can copy you with all letters I write to them and the newspapers in complaint of your fraudulent transaction with me.

Take off your kid gloves and let the deadbeat know you will go to extremes (with a cool head) until they don't want you tapping that nerve any longer. Only use facts - don't use emotions when you tell them how it will be and when you contact the congressman's office.

Think about what will hurt the deadbeat the most and then you start tapping on that nerve using legal methods and truth.

They usually give it up.

I have always had very good luck with getting what I am due from car dealerships (Sorry, I just thought that would not be covered under warranty.) and deadbeat clients alike.

Persistence and perseverence pays off.

Reply by Anonymous on 1/2/06 6:29pm
Msg #85675

I also did some work for Acme on October 7th, 2005. They would not return my calls or respond to email or faxes until two weeks ago. We called the title company and they had been paid in October for the work I did.
Acme then called me to do a loan signing (hard to believe), so I was able to talk to Jennifer and asked about payment for my previous services. The next day I received an email saying they would send me a check in two weeks. Two weeks are up and I plan to file Small claims action against them. I don't recommend anyone work for this company.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.