Notary Rotary
Always gotta be on your toes
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 12/16/05 2:11pm
Msg #83056

Just received my overnight package that I was supposed to have gotten yesterday -- but they failed to ship it Wednesday night. Signing now scheduled for Saturday morning.

Without any notice, i.e., phone call, e-mail from SS or anything, I receive an e-mail with the subject line Image from Internet Fax and the sender was Gateway Office. I was right on the verge of wiping it out without even looking at it. I don't know why at the last minute I did open it and it was from the TC and the *image* was 8 more pages they failed to put in the package.

I do a lot of work for this particular SS and Title, so I guess they just assumed it would be okay. I'm really surprised it didn't automatically go into my spam. I did e-mail them and told them in the future to at least put BOs name in the subject line. Just a warning, don't always be too quick in deleting unrecognizable e-mails.

Reply by Tina_MA on 12/16/05 9:56pm
Msg #83104

I had a similar problem last month.

I was informed that the docs had been emailed to me, and I kept calling them to confirm my email address because I hadn't received them. They would then confirm my address and resend the docs.

After being told yet again, that they had emailed the docs, I happened to double check my SPAM folder and saw an email with a blank subject line, with some weird looking email address, and it had an attachment.

I called the company and was finally put through to the tech person who sends out the e-docs files. I found out that the email in question was the e-docs.

I then had to explain that I do not open emails with a blank subject line and attachments -- that's a recipe for getting a virus or worm.

The tech person thought I was some kind of techno wiz because I have various firewalls and email filtering software, and then proceeded to tell me that I was the first person to ever complain.

Jeez, I cannot believe so many people are still opening emails with no subject line and attachments.

I asked that in the future, e-docs be sent with the borrowers name in the subject line, which they have done.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.