Notary Rotary
Application Fees
Notary Discussion History

Application Fees
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Monique on 12/7/05 8:20am
Msg #80839

Application Fees

While searching for agencies to sign up with, I have been running across applications that are now asking for $20 - $25 processing fees in order to work the the SS. Maybe it's me, but I don't believe I should have to pay you to work with you. It is a mutually beneficial relationship - I do what you can't or won't do, you pay me to do it. Has anyone run across this, and if so can you explain it? Is this going to be a new trend?

Reply by Art_MD on 12/7/05 8:48am
Msg #80849

If the SS is good, has a good financial base, and does their job they will make money. There are a number of good SS out there that don't charge. Never have or will pay.

Art

Reply by Monique on 12/7/05 9:11am
Msg #80852

That's how I feel. They even have the nerve to say they will not consider your app without the fee. So far I have run across A&M Closing Service and A-1 Signing Services who are requesting these fees. Has anyone worked for them recently?

Reply by Teddog_CO on 12/7/05 9:24am
Msg #80858

Monique

Never worked for them and would never pay a fee! to work. That's why we pay to advertise.
Don't know anyone personally that's worked for them either.

That's a pressure or "standing room only" tactic, all sales people like to use just to get you to commit.

Like I said before "save your money." SS's are a dime a dozen, sign up with the ones' that don't charge you. Look here and other sites for lists, NNA has a listing also.

Teddog

Reply by Monique on 12/7/05 12:29pm
Msg #80952

Re: Monique

That's the plan, Ted. I just thought I was losing my mind for a minute. Thanks for the input.

Reply by Teddog_CO on 12/7/05 9:10am
Msg #80851

Monique,

Art is correct. Save your money for Christmas presents. Paying a fee to work went "OUT" in the 60's and it is illegal in some states.

Have a great day.

Teddog

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/7/05 9:27am
Msg #80861

I've never paid someone to get work, it's the other way around. I only pay to advertise.

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/7/05 9:41am
Msg #80866

Re: Application Fees are a 'dumb notary' test

I have worked for some who require Appl. Fees. I have NEVER paid an Appl. Fee nor will I every even consider doing so. If they need you, you get the job & you don't pay Appl. Fees. Which is why I think it's just a test--how dumb is this notary?

Reply by Teddog_CO on 12/7/05 9:45am
Msg #80870

Lee you got that one right! To the head of the class! LOL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.