Notary Rotary
Archer Land Title St. Louis Missouri
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Cari_MO on 12/20/05 3:25pm
Msg #83712

I started closing for them October of this year. At first it was going ok. As time went by a pattern started up. Out of 10 closings 8 were canceled. And some that did close. Closed after they were re scheduled for another date. Of course each time I passed up on other appointments and lost out on money ! I spoke with them about my concerns. And I was told that there was nothing they could do. They were set up to be more flexible for the Loan Officers. They were always very nice. I know it is all about the lenders getting papers out to the Title company. But at this point they were costing more money than I was making with them. I had to ask if they would kindly take me out of their database. But I was just wondering if anyone else had problems with them.

Reply by Janel Nichols on 12/20/05 3:45pm
Msg #83720

Well, speak of the devil! I had one scheduled for tonight and they couldn't get the lender docs in time and it was cancelled. Hmmm.....

Reply by Cari_MO on 12/20/05 3:53pm
Msg #83722

That stinks !

Reply by Janel Nichols on 12/20/05 4:05pm
Msg #83727

Indeed!!! I am sitting on another...waiting on docs. I am going to call and find out if that was is going or not also!!

Reply by Janel Nichols on 12/20/05 4:49pm
Msg #83736

Hey Cari

My other got cancelled. But I had to call the LO to find it out. Yes. if you are wondering if I turned down some viable signings. You would be correct!. Looks like I get a night off!!

Reply by Cari_MO on 12/20/05 8:48pm
Msg #83768

Janel Sorry to hear that !!

Reply by Joseph Miller on 12/20/05 9:37pm
Msg #83773

I had call from Archer here in Charlotte earlier today for signing this evening. they met my fee and when I called later in day for edocs Im told somone was already on their way there, apparently they booked with 2 signing agents BUT didnt have the decency to let me know.
I have yet to do a closing for them, last time it was a similiar situation.

Its annoying because I may have turned down an assignment BUT its been slow so Im taking what I can get this week.

Joe/NC

Reply by Cari_MO on 12/21/05 8:35am
Msg #83829

Joseph,

That is why after 3 months I asked them if they would please take me out of their database. I was losing more money than I was making with them due to their cancelations and passing up on other appointments. Live and learn !

Reply by Anonymous on 12/20/05 10:39pm
Msg #83785

IF YOU DO A SEARCH, you'll see what kind of CO they are. n/m

Reply by Cari_MO on 12/21/05 8:44am
Msg #83831

Read message 46179. They must have problems at other offices

Reply by Janel Nichols on 12/21/05 9:55am
Msg #83840

Re: You know...how can it always be the lender?

I keep reading....well it's not their fault because the lender can't get their act together. Why not work with a lender that can? It has to be just as costly for Archer as it is for us, when all this rescheduling happens...for us we turn down viable signings for this....it is too much of a loss. It makes me feel as if they treat us like we are the scrap end of this industry...you know. They sure want to know when and if the loan closed on time. But the line of communication does not travel as fast when we are sitting here waiting for docs.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/21/05 10:11am
Msg #83843

Re: You know...Janel

**I keep reading....well it's not their fault because the lender can't get their act together. Why not work with a lender that can?**

Thank you Janel.

To that I'd add - Why not work with a title company who is willing to pay you enough to hire a signing agent to go 75 - 100 miles north to a county with no nearer agent? It's not my fault that you underbid your jobs. Therefore, I will not underbid mine.

Reply by Janel Nichols on 12/21/05 11:50am
Msg #83876

Re: Amen!!! Brenda!

Well said!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.