Notary Rotary
Back Dating.... Vent!
Notary Discussion History

Back Dating.... Vent!
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Jersey_Boy on 12/15/05 4:02pm
Msg #82836

Back Dating.... Vent!

I HATE.... HATE... HATE it when someone calls me and asks me to back date.

Today I got a call from an ATTORNEY who wanted me to back date. I couldn't believe it... AN ATTORNEY!

Just to catch him in the act, I said sure, please send me a confirmation email with instructions. A few minutes later the email comes in.... Borrowers information, signing time & date, and instructions to back date.

I replied back via email, "It is illegal to back-date any legal documents. Would you like for me to continue with the signing and date it properly, or would you prefer to contact anoter notary and request that they perform this illegal act?"

Return email states, "we will find another notary."

GOT EM... HOOK LINE AND SINKER! I am printing copies of all these emails and forwarding it to the SOS and the County Recorder's office.

Should I CC a copy to anyone else? Borrower? Lender? Any opinions?

Reply by MB_AZ on 12/15/05 4:10pm
Msg #82842

How about the BAR Association...but, be careful

you may be playing with fire.

Reply by TCMN on 12/15/05 4:34pm
Msg #82861

playing with what fire MB?

I'm confused as to how they would be playing with fire? They would submit tangable evidence of someone requesting an illegal act. They submit it and then the agency(ies) would so their investigations. There is NO WAY that would be the only info they would use to bring charges against someone. IF a pattern, they would gather more evidence and take whatever actions necessary. They might not even need to contact some of the people submitting evidence and they could be out of the picture maybe. the person (saying it in general and not just this attorney) might never know WHO submitted anything. And if they did and were found guilty, they would never be able to press any charges for slander, etc. because THEY did the illegal act.
Kind of the same thing in regards to undercover cops settig up stings, the person doing the illegal act can't sue the police officers for anything, not even entrapment.

just wondering since I have worked with undercover police officers to help deminish drugs, etc. and I have never once heard of anyone playiong with fire if there is evidence. It's just like on here, I don't think anyone should make statements that they can't back up with evidence because our world is sue happy and hungry for the quick buck. It's sad that certain generations really don't know what "work" really is.

jmho

Reply by Mung/CA on 12/15/05 4:38pm
Msg #82864

What does cc stand for again?

Reply by Nd_WA on 12/15/05 4:40pm
Msg #82866

CC=Carbon Copy

Reply by MB_AZ on 12/15/05 4:40pm
Msg #82867

Re: playing with what fire MB?

Relax. My comment was a little lighthearted humor against attorneys that obviously wasn't very funny.

Reply by Mung/CA on 12/15/05 4:46pm
Msg #82872

I thought it was funny. n/m

Reply by TCMN on 12/15/05 4:48pm
Msg #82874

Sorry MB, I didn't get it. mabye hehe or lol after n/m :)

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/15/05 4:50pm
Msg #82875

so run out and get me a cord of firewood wood ya? Tis a bit frostykins out there! I have a 6 at HFC, then I'm done.

Oh... sharing my 1:30 appt story.
Got there at 1:25, borrower is 83, daughter is there with him, ever have a translator?
This is too funny, he was hard of hearing so everything I said she translated by yelling it. Then it took almost 2 hours because they had to call the LO 4 times and he read everything. Ever want to kiss the ground after a signing when you are finally set free? Got aspirin?

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/15/05 8:48pm
Msg #82941

I just got home from a signing where Borrowers are in their 40's -- six kids = one teenager and five aged 5 and younger. The youngest has learned to scream at the top of her lungs -- something she did throughout the signing and the parents are so proud she has quit crying and learned this new *thing.* The teenager wasn't home, which I can understand why. The younguns were tearing through the house, toys covering the floor -- I don't even know if it was carpeted or what because you couldn't see it. They were using the furniture as trampolines. The parents werre oblivious to all of this.

Reply by B__CA on 12/15/05 5:54pm
Msg #82902

And your return e-mail should say, "and I will forward your request to the SOS"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.