Notary Rotary
Beth and Joan please look at my profile again
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Elva_oh on 12/29/05 5:31pm
Msg #85114

I have revamped my profile and would appreciate it if you would critique it for me. Thank you for all your help.

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/29/05 6:13pm
Msg #85120

Wow! What an improvement. Good job. You might want to try re submitting your photo, it's not showing anything but a little "X" where a photo should be.

Reply by Elva_oh on 12/29/05 6:36pm
Msg #85124

Thanks! I do appreciate the help.

Reply by Suzie on 12/29/05 6:54pm
Msg #85128

Re: Elva, I'm curious

Why haven't we ever heard of you here in Ohio? Seems like you'd be known at least in your area of the state if you've been doing this for 5 years? Where did you get your experience.

Reply by Shane_OH on 12/29/05 7:19pm
Msg #85135

Well I've lived in the state of Ohio for a total of 4 months now, and I've heard of Elva.

Where have you been?

Reply by Elva_oh on 12/29/05 7:27pm
Msg #85138

Thank you Shane - do not typically post and did not join NR until my sister in law in NC suggested it. And she has helped me a lot.

Reply by Elva_oh on 12/29/05 7:21pm
Msg #85136

Suzie
I do not know where you live and if you have lived in the same place all your life. I have moved numerous times in my life and I worked the first several years as a notary with particular companies, in regards to loan signings, not as freelance work. Having been in the Army and married to a career soldier; I have lived all over the world. I hope this answers your curiousness.
By the way, I would love to see your profile.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/29/05 7:03pm
Msg #85130

Re: profile - unsolicited review

suggestions -

Skip the printer type - say "duel tray laser printer"
drop the next line re paper selection.
Next line " experienced with e-doc software including, Adobe, Swiftview, DDoxs,MRG and others.
The line " I return..pick-up" Change to "Docs shipped within x hours of signing"
Drop the line " All loan Signings ....manner".

Good luck

Reply by Elva_oh on 12/29/05 7:23pm
Msg #85137

Thank you for the suggestions. I will consider them just as I did Beth and Joan's.

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/29/05 8:11pm
Msg #85154

Re: profile -

It's your profile. While it should mention all you wish to advertise, I also think you should word it to reflect you not someone else. You don't want to sound "canned."

Reply by Elva_oh on 12/29/05 8:40pm
Msg #85168

I have made a few more adjustments - Thanks for everyones input - I appreciate the help.

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/29/05 8:46pm
Msg #85172

It's looking good. And your picture is working! Great. You'll probably tinker with it a few times before you get it like you want it.
By the way, you just need to say E&O...no need to say E and O.

Reply by Elva_oh on 12/29/05 8:52pm
Msg #85176

Thanks

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 12/30/05 12:05am
Msg #85217

Wonderful Improvement !!

I think you have a great profile! This profile should drive business to you!

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 12/30/05 5:03am
Msg #85238

one more objective perspective

Of course, I HAD to check your profile, too =) Having looked at it for the first time, my immediate, off-the-cuff response is that it left me puzzled. Am I correct in assuming the photo is you and your husband? Your text is only reflective of you as a single agent, but the e-mail indicates TWO women, and the photo ... well, it's a very NICE photo, but I like I said, it left me a little puzzled. If it's not your husband, forgive me ... but that's just an objective perspective.

If you have a partner, you might want to 'sell' that point in your text - definitely can be a 'value added' feature and worth high-lighting. I'd then use a photo of the two partners (again, FORGIVE me if that's NOT your husband, I by no MEANS want to offend anyone!), and then tie the photo to the text.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/30/05 7:04am
Msg #85243

Re: one more objective perspective

I don't care for your profile as much as Elva's. Her description pretty much tells me everything I want to know right there in the little box. With your profile I had to scroll down just to see if you give 24 hour service and had a laser printer. You don't say if you only do overnight docs or if you accept edocs. Just saying you have a laser printer doesn't say that. To get a better profile maybe you should try putting more stuff about what you want to offer your customer instead of what you offered your previous employer before you stopped counting.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 12/30/05 9:26am
Msg #85265

Please take experienced advice and DROP the ERROR FREE GARAUNTEE. I learned the hard way. They will hold you to it, trust me.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.