Notary Rotary
Brother 8220
Notary Discussion History

Brother 8220
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Delta_CA on 12/30/05 9:11pm
Msg #85369

Brother 8220

I'm having a devil of a time trying to scan to file as a pdf file. Paperport software is installed. What am I doing wrong?

Reply by Stamper_WI on 12/30/05 9:32pm
Msg #85372

I have had a 8220 for a couple of months. I think you need adobe program to scan to pdf...not just the reader. I save to tif in paperport to send to my online fax service

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/30/05 10:27pm
Msg #85381

Stamper is correct. I have the Adobe software. It is very expensive.

Reply by rdowns_in_CA on 12/31/05 10:05am
Msg #85463

I know that some, if not all, versions of Paperport have their own pdf converter built in. I'm using Paperport Pro 9 Office, but I also have Adobe Acrobat Professional installed. My version of Paperport allows me to scan into pdf (even without acrobat). When you click on the "Scan" icon, it brings up a task pane, which contains a drop-down list of scanners, a box labeled "scan what" (with document and photograph as the options), and a blue "settings" link. Click on the settings link, and choose the "output" tab. Under "File Type" select "PDF Image (*.pdf)". You can also click on the Options button to set the image quality (dpi).

Paperport also installs its own pdf printer. It should be listed under your printers as "Paperport PDF".

Ron

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.