Notary Rotary
CA Notarties Please help MN Notary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 12/4/05 1:15pm
Msg #80227

Just received a call from a CA resident traveling in Minnesota. There other MN notary backed out when they found out it was a California Deed of Trust(thought it was a Minnesota document). Seller is desparate to get the document notarized. I am willing to give it a shot. My understanding is that it is only a California Deed of Trust.

Any special requirements for CA DOT? Minnesota is a non-witness state, typically use blue ink but can use black so typically you verify and ID have them sign and then I notarize. Notary journals are not required in MN(but a good idea). I have E&O.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I told them I would call them back after I did some research.

Thanks in advance.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/4/05 1:20pm
Msg #80232

Check out the California Secretary of State website.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/4/05 1:45pm
Msg #80235

No special requirements. Blue or black ink is fine, no witnesses required. The preprinted wording should be fine, I don't think I've ever seen a DOT for a CA property that had the wrong wording on it.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/4/05 1:54pm
Msg #80238

Thank you CaliNotary

I read you posts often. Thank you much. I am on here anonymously so my boss who is a notary does not find out. She posts here sometimes. (I do work on the side. Wink!). Smiley

Reply by sue_pa on 12/4/05 3:07pm
Msg #80246

you follow MN laws; HOWEVER, why is a seller signing a Deed of Trust? Perhaps they have the verbage wrong.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/4/05 4:14pm
Msg #80253

Original poster did not say the seller was signing the

Deed of Trust. As I read it the "seller was desperate to get a Deed of Trust notarized" Perhaps the seller was carrying paper and wanted to buyer to have a notary acknowledge the signing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.