Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Can you attatch a loose cert to a copy of a doc with sign.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by srnotary_CA on 12/15/05 4:42pm
Msg #82869

If the lender says the doc was missed? No I didn't post below. TIA

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/15/05 4:59pm
Msg #82876

Re:Please Help I need to send these docs to lender.......n/m

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/15/05 4:59pm
Msg #82877

Re: Can you attatch a loose cert to a copy of a doc with sig

I don't think you are going to get too many posts on this one. People stay away from this question like it was nuclear waste. The way I read the California handbook, when you fill out the certificate you are stating that this person/persons is/ are signing that document in front of you at that time and date. So given that, I would venture to say that you cannot send a loose certificate legally after the fact, even though you witnessed the signatures on the said document in the first place. That could be technically interpreted as backdating. Now, what notaries really do may or may not be different to this interpretation. Hopefully, we will get more posts on this one.

When I use a loose certificate, I use the one sold on this board, fill out as much information as I possibly can so the certificate cannot be used with another document and then I make sure it is firmly attatched to the document in question with paperclips so hopefully it won't get lost at escrow when the documents are spread out over someone's desk.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/15/05 5:01pm
Msg #82879

I did paperclip them to the docs and they are saying they didn't get them but they go the other loose certs doesn't make sense. Just about every one had incorrect wording on it so I had to attatch loose certs. They sent me an email with a copy of the docs with the borrowers sgnatures so am not sure what to do. SHould I have them send me ones that haven't been signed to be on the safe side? TIA

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/15/05 5:09pm
Msg #82884

Call me

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/15/05 5:11pm
Msg #82887

ok

Reply by Tina_MA on 12/15/05 6:00pm
Msg #82904

Re: Can you attach a loose cert to a copy of a doc with sig

>>>"When I use a loose certificate, I use the one sold on this board, fill out as much information as I possibly can so the certificate cannot be used with another document and then I make sure it is firmly attached to the document in question with paperclips so hopefully it won't get lost at escrow when the documents are spread out over someone's desk.
'<<<

I *only use paper clips on the recordable docs* as most companies make copies of these before sending them out for recording.

On all others I always *staple* my loose certificates to the document in question.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/15/05 6:18pm
Msg #82910

Staple on nonrecordable docs is good -- sometimes.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.