Notary Rotary
Certification question
Notary Discussion History

Certification question
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by RayWyatt_Cal on 12/10/05 3:28pm
Msg #81724

Certification question

I am fairly new and have noticed that there are several sites with “certification” available. I attended the loan signing class with Rome Notary and according to them, I am certified.

Should I get the materials and take the test for the certification stamp from one or all of the more notable companies offering this?

Do the SS's look at this before calling you to schedule an appointment?

Thanks in Advance!
Happy holidays to everyone…..

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/10/05 4:30pm
Msg #81735

All they are really interested in these days is "how cheap?" There are sooo many 'certification' places out there that's it's become totally meaningless. JMO

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/10/05 4:42pm
Msg #81737

Opinions do vary, I felt comfortable with The Signing Registry (www.signingregistry.com) and Justpointandsign.com .

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/10/05 4:50pm
Msg #81739

I agree with Jenny

I suspect that if all other qualifications were equal the certification would tip the scales in the direction of the certified: usually does. NNA also offers certification.

Reply by Brad_Ca on 12/10/05 5:05pm
Msg #81743

Re: I agree with Jenny

Certification is needed. Companies do look at it, and do comment about it when I ask them how they found me.

Excellent Class & Certification: www.notaryclasses.com Try to get Joan Bergstrom as your instructor. She is great. Lots of valuable information in this class and book.

123notary.com is excellent as well.

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/10/05 5:19pm
Msg #81746

Aside from this site I do receive many calls from 123notary therefore I took their test also. After taking the SR and Just Point and Sign I found that the rest have been easy.
An acquaintance took the NNA test ( as did I) and when I suggested she take the 123notary test she said it was too hard. In all honesty and speaking from my experience only, it seems that the NNA certification test was easy to take.

Reply by Brad_Ca on 12/10/05 5:35pm
Msg #81748

You can purchase the test only from 123Notary for $19, and it comes with the free e-course
study book, which has practice questions. The test is not hard if you know your stuff.

Jeremy Belmont does an excellent job marketing the 123Notary site.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/10/05 8:38pm
Msg #81778

Comment about your profile

I don't know if it's a great idea for you to have the "Freedom is not free" comment in your profile. While it's an admirable and harmless enough sentiment, it could definitely be interpreted as a political statement by some. and depending on their politics it could cost you work.

In my opinion it comes across as unprofessional looking. It's just not appropriate to have anything in our profiles beyond the information about us as a signing agent. Our profiles are our resumes and should be treated as such. There is a time and a place for everything and I don't think this is the place for comments like that no matter how benign they are.

And please keep in mind that this is strictly a food for thought comment about what makes for a good profile, it is not a commentary about my or your opinion on the war in Iraq or anything along those lines.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 12/10/05 9:21pm
Msg #81785

OT - Just saying hi

I too am retired military of 27 years (all Navy). I flew 'real' helicopters. Smiley Welcome to the world of the NSA.

Reply by RayWyatt_Ca on 12/11/05 10:39am
Msg #81847

Re: OT - Just saying hi

Thanks Paw....

I have looked through the service manual you got for me on my printer, still no answers...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.