Notary Rotary
Certified Signing Service
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 12/26/05 12:00pm
Msg #84594

Has anyone ever done signings for this company? Are they good people to work with?

Reply by Irvin Bremler on 12/26/05 4:16pm
Msg #84610

I have done a few closings for them. They paid in about 6 weeks.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/26/05 8:24pm
Msg #84621

Ask if you will have to do faxing back before you quote. Be prepared to negotiate hard or to work for $50. I have done three to five for CSS. I have been paid on all of them within 45 days.

See this message: 13178 - I think this deserves some consideration. It is my understanding that one of the partners in this group is Kenneth C Whitton Jr. I have seen his name on the faxed confirmations I have received so it is my opinion that he either was, or he is, one of their principals.

Reply by Debra Holston on 12/27/05 8:53am
Msg #84629

To Whom It May Concern:

Kenneth C Whitton Jr., only works in the IT Department at Certified Signing Services. He is neither a principle nor director for Certified Signing Services, Inc.

Reply by Mark Vance on 12/27/05 11:00am
Msg #84633

What is there webpage to sign up as a notary for there company.
I am in NorthEast Tennessee area.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/27/05 11:31am
Msg #84636

http://certifiedsigning.com/
is their site.

New notary signing agents (esp. Texas) might be interested in some of their training. While I do not get that much business from CSS because our fee policies do not work together I find the owner Cassondra Parker to be sharp and well-equipped to promote good signing agent procedures.

At one time they were teaching how to do SBA signings. I do not know of any problems with notaries not being paid. I do know that some in the industry have a good deal of respect for Ms. Parker. Recently I have been told by a title company contact in Dallas that she is not only the ss owner but she is in law school in Florida, as well. That's quite an undertaking.

As far as KW Jr. is concerned, as far as I recall I have never dealt with him directly but I do know I have received a confirmation with his name on it in a significant way.

I should be able to locate it to see what the situation was in this instance I am remembering. The confirmation I refer to above led me to believe that he was acting as other than an IT contact--at minimum, I remember him as doing some scheduling by the information I received.

If I do find I am incorrect, I will post my findings. It's not significant to me either way regarding KW Jr.'s involvement with CSS, but I strive not to be one who mis-states information without regard to the truth.

Reply by Aarono Cooper, LLC on 6/16/06 4:44pm
Msg #126370

I've only done 1 signing for them, but I would rate them as EXCELLENT. I had a 2 loan refi transaction where borrower signed 1st and halfway signed 2nd. Loan terms were not even close to what LO advised borrower, so he ceased signing after 5 calls with the LO. I was with BWR for a long time. Although the transaction was not completed, Certified not only paid my fee on a timely basis, but they paid more than I billed them. That's an honorable company and I would go out of my way to serve them again!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.