Notary Rotary
Closing Statement
Notary Discussion History

Closing Statement
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by E_FL on 12/24/05 12:05am
Msg #84460

Closing Statement

For a refi. for Countrywide. Is "Borrower Closing Statement" same as HUD? And, does the borrowers and co-borrow - both- need to sign? I just have signature for borrower

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/24/05 1:22am
Msg #84474

They're not the same thing, but they are similar and contain much of the same information.

Whoever's name is printed on the doc is who needs to sign. It's not your job to guess who signs what, we simply follow the docs. If they screwed up the docs when preparing them then they can pay you to go out to correct their error.

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/24/05 1:43am
Msg #84479

Re: I was wondering if it was different in FL. n/m

Reply by PAW_Fl on 12/24/05 7:34am
Msg #84504

The biggest difference is due to the fact that FL is a table funding state and CA is an escrow funding state. Therefore, in FL, we expect to see the "final" HUD whereas in CA, an estimated closing cost statement (with various and sundry names) is used to show settlement/closing costs. I've had borrowers absolutely refuse to sign without the final HUD in their hands. Others, have accepted the estimated statement and went with the flow.

Reply by E_FL on 12/24/05 9:51am
Msg #84514

Thank you so very much, as always you all have been very helpful. I wish you all a great Xmas - and as we say here in Miami "Feliz Nochebuena" or "Happy Christmas Eve"

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.