Notary Rotary
Confirmations
Notary Discussion History

Confirmations
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 12/12/05 10:09am
Msg #81908

Confirmations

I searched and could not find anything that really answered my question. I got my first call from a mortgage company to sign docs. The l/o lived in my neighborhood so I picked up the docs. My question: Do mortgage/title/escrow companies normally send confirmations like ss do? I completed the signing and returned the docs... he handed me a check right there. He had also given me the option of getting paid when the loan funded. TIA

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/12/05 10:11am
Msg #81911

some do, some don't. I always ask for a confirmation and sometimes have to explain what that is and I get them e-mailed or faxed, one was hand written.

Reply by BP/WV on 12/12/05 10:16am
Msg #81914

sometimes. Not all the time. ive closed many loans without confirmations from title comanies. Ive never had a payment issue...yet.

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/12/05 12:50pm
Msg #81951

Charm & BP/WV are correct. In this particular case, if it ain't broker; don't fix it.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/12/05 2:25pm
Msg #81982

I have never had a payment issue from a title company. Almost 100% of my work from title companies is edocs, so I have that anyway. Title companies never seem to have an issue with my fees, either. Good deal for them, good for us.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.