Notary Rotary
Date issue - 2nd trip - same docs
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by sharpnote_CA on 12/7/05 10:32pm
Msg #81078

I am going to complete a signing that was started (12/2) 5 days ago. The couple refused to sign the last 5 or so docs - including the RTC. I notarized all the docs using 12/2 as the date. Now I'm going back with the same docs. Do I need to change the date on those docs I notarized to today's date or can I leave it as is?

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 12/7/05 11:15pm
Msg #81088

If you are using the same loan papers and already have the notarized docs you did, then you don't need to change it because that IS the day you notarized them. Oh the other hand if you have a whole new set of loan docs and all docs need notarized again, then you would use the date you notarize them. The date on the documents you notarize are ALWAYS the date the person (or people) appeared before you.

Reply by sue_pa on 12/8/05 11:52am
Msg #81155

anything already signed stays as is. anything notarized on the second trip gets notarized for the day you go. borrowers can put any date they want on nonnotarized docs. all that said, if you have anything to be notarized on the second trip, check w/your client because they undoubtedly will want everything to be for 12/2 and you can't do that. it's best to get that out in the open prior to the appt. They might but I doubt a lender wants a loan package dated 2 different dates.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.