Notary Rotary
FASS Error
Notary Discussion History

FASS Error
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by mtnnotary on 12/8/05 1:17pm
Msg #81184

FASS Error

In October I made my first error on a Deed Of Trust, it was on a FASS order and I forgot to write the county. The next day I fed Exed out an acknowledgement to correct it. They are now saying that due to the error they would not pay me at all for the signing. Is this normal? It was an easy signing, near my house so I am not to concerned but wanted to know the policy on this.

Reply by patricia on 12/8/05 1:24pm
Msg #81186

they absolutely owe you for that signing, as far as I know you could have simply sent them a note giving them permission to fill in county for you.

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/8/05 1:41pm
Msg #81191

You should be paid. Especially if you fixed the issue in a timely manner. Good luck!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/8/05 2:23pm
Msg #81202

Sounds just like FASS, I won't work for them....

It is funny that one company can have two such different divisions. I love First American Title as a title company, they have their own title plant and I have great relationships with a number of their title officers. First American Signing Services on the other hand can't seem to do anything right in my book. I had the pleasure to put them on my company's Banned Vendor's List: any loans I generate won't use them for a signing service.

You went and signed and forgetting the venue is hardly a major error, one which you corrected immediately. I think you should get your full fee and if they refuse take them to Small Claims Court without much ado. I keep getting calls, multiple calls from FASS to do colsings. I keep telling them I won't work for them and they keep calling. I have had as many as a dozen calls for one signing from them, each time it was s different person and each time they were surprised that I won't work for them.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 12/8/05 9:15pm
Msg #81307

I agree with you Charles wholeheartedly about Fatco...

but FASS is the red-haired step-child. Parker needs to address this runaway child before it cast any further shadow on an otherwise stellar title company.

In the title company world...there's of course lots of opinions and stereotypes. Consider the "First American Girl". First - she's hired young and is very pretty. She's molded into the First American Way - high levels of customer service and a personal touch. Brokers, RE Agents and Builders love having her call on them. She's a treat and a pleasure and delivers impossible service. And who doesn't like the attention of an attractive rep??? It's smart marketing on Fatco's part and it does work, believe me. Even "inside" the image of the Fatco girl is a one-way ticket to success. Here's the rub - not only is this lady who represents the golden Eagle attractive, but she's very, very smart - and delivers on her product. A win-win combination, both for First American, the employee, and the client. This formula works for the gentlemen as well - clean cut, well-spoken and he delivers. Then..we get to the top - here we find top notch executives (even Ivy League) as well as ex-football stars (that's very popular with title companies...go figure). An ex-NFL star with injuries always has a place in sales at a title company, and can earn semi-comparable salaries.

First American's home is in Santa Ana, CA...in the heart of Orange County. The Eagle's history there is long and rich. I can't speak for Fatco on the east coast or in the bread basket of the country but in the Golden State, the Eagle reigns supreme, in service, cutting edge title practices and employees. They are the creme de la creme....and also a target for the California Real Estate Commissioner.

I speak from the inside track - I grew up there. A nice place to be. There's an old saying...."is there Life after First American?" from employees who have left. Most of them return. This author is one of them, inculcated in the First American Way and wondering if they need to return to the Eagle's Nest.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 12/9/05 5:24am
Msg #81361

Re: I agree with you Charles wholeheartedly about Fatco...

Old Fatco girl here - I'll take all the flattery I can find, so I'm claiming some of this!

But do I have to admit to also being a red-haired step-child?! (I am!) LOL!

Darn, I just never quite fit in ...

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.