Notary Rotary
How's this for the new process...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 12/21/05 6:43pm
Msg #83961

Get a call to do a signing...immediately of course. But in this case the docs are ready and they send them. I print, run out the door, didn't look at them or anything because the borrower is leaving for a flight out of town. So, on my way I get a call from the title company..."Oh, by the way, we need those dated for Monday the 19th, all the docs are dated that way."

Drop the phone because I'm trying to not have the car behind me hit me while I whip a U-turn.

Pick up the phone..."Are you serious?"
"Yeah what's the problem?"

"No, thanks find someone else to do the signing. I'll be nice and should they wan to pick upi docs they'll be outside my door. Have a good night."

If this is how they are going to play, they won't like coming into my sandbox. I don't play well with others with those tactics!

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/21/05 11:40pm
Msg #84013

Had borrower w/ name on ID as : Jane S. Doe docs say Jane Serena Doe. This was at 5pm and LO wanted it out right away ( drive to airport for that). I tell him can't do it, ID does not match. He " Isn't it obvious that the 'S' stands for Serena?!" me: " No, it can stand for Susie, Sarah, Sally and so forth" We took care of it but I am still going over the "Isn't it obvious" part.

Reply by Rick_NY on 12/22/05 1:15pm
Msg #84145

name variation [Re: How's this for the new process...]

> We took care of it ...

How? BTW, did the address on the i.d. (assuming it was a d/l or state i.d.) match the subject property, once again assuming it was an owner-occ. property?

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/22/05 7:19pm
Msg #84231

Re: name variation [Re: How's this for the new process...]

Yes, ID matched address. It was a Quit Claim Deed. I called LO and said I need two witnesses or do you okay crossing out name, adding initial and borrower initials the change. He put me on hold, got back had her cross out name and add the initial.

Sorry, I keep things short at times.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.