Notary Rotary
ID QUESTION
Notary Discussion History

ID QUESTION
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by GL/CA on 12/12/05 9:03pm
Msg #82046

ID QUESTION

DOC'S SAYS ALBERTO WITH AN "O" LAST NAME JR.
ID SAYS ALBERT LAST NAME JR. NO "O"
Me I could not identify. What do you think?

Reply by Brad_Ca on 12/12/05 9:11pm
Msg #82048

You can not use that id. The id id must always contain the same information or more, never less. See if he has a passport. If not, credible witnesses are the option you must use.

Reply by GL/CA on 12/12/05 10:11pm
Msg #82064

Thanks a bunch.

Reply by Brad_Ca on 12/12/05 10:26pm
Msg #82069

Your welcome.

Reply by GL/CA on 12/12/05 10:46pm
Msg #82073

Brad where are you located?

Reply by Brad_Ca on 12/12/05 10:48pm
Msg #82075

Long Beach. How about you?

Reply by GL/CA on 12/12/05 10:56pm
Msg #82076

Fresno. Brad I have another question/s. Same borrower with id issues. DOT states: alberto smith, married man. Wife does NOT want any responsibility at all!! She is very learly of signing anything except the form that states she wants "no interest" in property. In this loan package, the DOT, TIL, Rider to the Note and escrow impound forms were needing non-borrower signature. (name was preprinted). Which exactly are the forms needing non-borrower signature? And how in the heck are "we" suppose to know which forms require non-borrower signature? Your help would greatly be appreciated.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 12/12/05 11:44pm
Msg #82085

GL,
If the wife has her name pre-printed on the docs mentioned it sounds like she is on the title but not the loan. Then she would sign the deed,all riders,right to cancel,truth in lending,good faith estimate. But you state that she wants to sign only a form that shows she has no interest in the property, I would check with the TC or SS usually if they have no interest in the property they have an Interspousal Deed or Quit Claim, that they sign at least in my experience so far.

Reply by GL/CA on 12/13/05 12:07am
Msg #82088

She is NOT on title. Deed of trust reads: Alberto xxxxx, married man.....only. Wife not on title. Nor is she the borrower. All she wants to sign is a form saying she wants nothing to do with property and that she is not liable for the loan. Again lender sent docs and they have her name preprinted on the DEED, escrow impound, and Rider to the Note. That's it. We called the lender and they are re-doing the loan docs. I'm not sure they even know which forms she is "supposed" to sign. Hopefully once the docs are returned they'll be right. I doubt it. The lender said they forgot to submit a Quit Claim. geezzzzzz. Are we (notary) responsible for knowing exactly what forms are supposed to signed by the non-borrower? And if we think we know, are we supposed to contact them and tell them which forms wrong. I really don't think the non-borrower is supposed to sign the "escrow impound" form?! geezzzzzz.

Reply by B__CA on 12/13/05 2:28am
Msg #82097

Even thou she is not on title, I have had them have her sign those five main documents.
Becasue of our community property laws. I have also had a wife not sign anything. Many times the escrow department has the non borrower sign all escrow docs. You get to the point you know, know one way is the right way. I'm up in the Kern area, guess I should say down in the Kern area/Tulare.

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 12/13/05 8:19am
Msg #82120

I hate New Jersey ID because if a borrowers name is more than XX amount of characters, the DMV will cut off the last few letters of the persons first name. I have run into this many times. Chirstopher will be listed as Christoph. Jacqueline will be listed as Jacquelin.

When this happens, I ask for a second form of ID like a Social Security Card, or something government issued that spells out the full name.

I feel comfortable doing this because I have personally spoken with people at the DMV and they tell me this is the norm in NJ.

Just seems outright STUPID to issue an ID to someone if the name is not spelled out in full.

Reply by O/CNotary on 12/13/05 10:34am
Msg #82158

Brad I am in So O/C & biz this month sucks, last month was

the busiest month I have had. How does this match up with your biz? O/C Notary

Reply by Brad_Ca on 12/13/05 11:26am
Msg #82181

Re: Brad I am in So O/C & biz this month sucks, last month was

Last month was rockin!!!!!!! This month it does suck. I have called all my contacts at the TCs,
real estate offices, and escrow companies. They say it is very slow for them as well.

Whereabouts in south county (OC) are you?

Reply by O/CNotary on 12/13/05 12:00pm
Msg #82194

In beautiful San Clemente. I need to make some phone calls..

too. I cant believe how last month could be so busy and this month, nothing to speak of! Last December was pretty good for me. I sure hope EOM brings some biz my way, you too!

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 3:52pm
Msg #82261

HELLO! There are too many of you, doesn't take a rocket scie

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.