Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
IS IT JUST ME, OR IS EVERYONE PAYING LATE THIS MONTH?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by twil4_WI on 12/17/05 9:49pm
Msg #83198

JUST BEFORE XMAS, AND I HAVE 11 LATE PAYS OUT, THAT WERE 30 DAYS ON THE FIRST-15TH. WHATS UP WITH THIS/ DID YOU EVER NOTICE THE ONES WHO PAY LATE SEEM TO GENERALLY BE THE MOST WORK, WITH THE MOST THREATS ON THEIR CONFIRMATION LETTER?

Reply by Blueink_CA on 12/17/05 10:04pm
Msg #83200

Hey Twil, I could have written the same post. Where are the checks? We have done the work, why are the checks not here? Is it the time of the year?

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/17/05 10:11pm
Msg #83203

Ditto n/m

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/17/05 11:09pm
Msg #83212

Re: Ditto n/m

I has been a wierd end of the year. I think a lot of TC's got backed up over Thanksgiving and have not been able to recover. My regular good ones are about a week to 10 days behind. But no problem getting paid.

Reply by Premier Signing Services on 12/18/05 11:17am
Msg #83238

Re: Ditto n/m

We have about 20 SS and TC that are always 30 days late. They pay eeventually and we have learned their patterns, but this month the regular ones are also running about 30 days late. If it is because of being too busy to write checks, how come our business did not increase very much?

Reply by anonymous on 12/18/05 5:11pm
Msg #83277

It's called poor business management....on late pays...

Reply by Dee_Fla on 12/18/05 11:45am
Msg #83243

i had one company who chose to go on vacation before sending checks out so the checks were way over two weeks late due to this. I told the owner that wwas very insensitive of him to leave and not pay his "employees" first. He apologized. And realized he could had done that before leaving...so now he knows I'm an big observer!!

its business folks!! before you go play..make sure business is completed!!! if they have not learned that by now then they need to go back to business school! oops...sorry I guess there are no classes for common sense!

d

Reply by Bonnie_FL on 12/18/05 1:21pm
Msg #83246

I don't get why the SS pays when the TC pays them. The SS hired me, NOT the TC. Whether they get paid or not I need to get paid since I did the job for the SS. Another SS will pay me after 45 days IF they do NOT get paid by the TC. Again, glad I will eventually get paid, but what has the TC got to do with it. The SS makes money off of us, they should have enough to cover their payroll whether they get paid by the TC or not. This urks me!

Reply by John_NCal on 12/18/05 4:04pm
Msg #83271

Re: They probably all think Christmas ................

is something only they celebrate. We don't need the money, do we?

Reply by anonymous on 12/18/05 5:13pm
Msg #83279

They are small time, that's why they can't pay on time.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/18/05 4:18pm
Msg #83272

And all this time I thought I was the only one. I almost went to the post office to complain about someone stilling my checks. Thanks for the information. I still would like to know where my money is.

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 12/18/05 4:30pm
Msg #83274

They will probably all arrive the Monday AFTER Christmas!
Makes me wonder what will happen to those that depend on this income to buy Christmas for their children? Tell them Santa's running a little late this year, (because he decided to go on vacation before delivering the presents) ?

Reply by Janel Nichols on 12/19/05 7:28pm
Msg #83490

No kidding! Plus, in my little town they are considering the 26th a legal Holiday and no banks will be open!! So good luck depositing any money you do get......late!

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/19/05 7:59pm
Msg #83494

"So good luck depositing any money you do get......late!"

ATM's haven't made their way into your little town yet?

Since Xmas falls on a Sunday, Dec 26 is the federal holiday, so it ain't just where you are.

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/19/05 9:21pm
Msg #83507

Re: update.. received 3 checks today, waiting on more. n/m

Reply by PAW_Fl on 12/19/05 9:27pm
Msg #83511

>>> Since Xmas falls on a Sunday, Dec 26 is the federal holiday, so it ain't just where you are. <<<

Sorry, but the federal holiday is still December 25th. The gov't is "observing" the holiday on Monday, December 26th, but it is not the federal holiday, only the federally observed holiday. The implications, for us and lenders, is far reaching in that there will be no postal service, all gov't offices will be closed, as will most businesses including banks, but it is still a day of rescission for loans that qualify. Same holds true for Monday, January 2, 2006. Sunday is the federal holiday. Monday is a federally observed holiday.

I'm just bringing this up because there has been lots of questions about counting the days for rescission during this holiday period, with the federal holiday falling on Sunday, which isn't counted anyway. Many lenders are including special instructions about not counting the Monday following Christmas and New Year Day as a day of rescission. So be on the look out for any special instructions and if the expiration date is more than 3 days, then the lender has extended it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.