Notary Rotary
I am doing a signing for property in another state, should
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by O/CNotary on 12/9/05 6:47pm
Msg #81549

I attach my loosed CA Ack to the notary certificates or use the ones already included in the loan package for that state? I have heard both pro and con on this subject.

Reply by Brad_Ca on 12/9/05 7:00pm
Msg #81553

You are permitted to notarize documents from another state, so long as you comply with California notary Law. As long as the verbage in the acknowledgement form does not require the notary to do something illegal, such as certify the capacity of the signer, the notary is permitted to use the acknowledgement verbiage provided on the form. If it were to be recorded in California, then you would have to have proper California verbiage.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/9/05 10:07pm
Msg #81584

Actually, the law doesn't say that you can use any other ack verbiage provided, but that you can use notary verbiage "required" by other states, which may or may not be the same thing. I've often seen verbiage created outside of California for docs to be filed here that was incorrect. I can only assume that this could also happen for documents to be filed in another state. Unless you KNOW that the provided verbiage is what is required by the other state where the docs are to be filed or have been specifically instructed by a reliable source (?!), I believe it's a better idea to attach your own CA all-purpose ack.

Reply by Brasring_Ca on 12/9/05 7:12pm
Msg #81557

I have performed several out-of-state property signings for AZ and FL. I have so far not had to use loose certificates and just change the venue to the correct State and County. If in Jurat form, I use the Jurat stamp unless there is not enough room. I will then attach a loose cert. For both of the states I have notarized for, it has not required knowing the capacity of the person and wording has been appropriate. Hope this helps! Jenifer

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.