Notary Rotary
I'm curious - just a little survey
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Charles_Ca on 12/7/05 5:57pm
Msg #81015

What was your most unusual notarization. Not necessarily bad but just unusual. I guess this year my most unusual one was diring the middle fo the logging season I had a loan package where the borrower was a heavy equipment mechanic and i wold up signing in the woods on the back of his truck. It was one of those that has a utility body and we just dropped down one of the tool box doors, I set my briefcase on his back bumper and we proceeded to do the notarization. It was in a real pretty redwood grove: I even snapped a picture. I'm sure from hearing some fo the country you all cover that there should be some interesting situations.

Reply by Jenny_CA on 12/7/05 6:41pm
Msg #81029

Not sure if it fits the category but unusual for me: I arrived at borrower's home to find out I had to give him a ride to where the rest of the borrowers where ( 4 in total) because one of the borrowers had hurt his back and could not drive. We had to make sure to get there in a hurry because the borrower was going to take his painkillers and he would be knocked out cold after that. I am glad my husband was with me since it was a night time signing.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/7/05 6:41pm
Msg #81030

Flying from NYC to Buffalo. Talking to the guy next to me. Ended up he needed something notarized. Did it on the plane. Biggest problem - what was the venue????? Had to guess the county.

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/7/05 6:59pm
Msg #81038

It would definitely be a signing I did in Sept. We're at the table in the family kitchen and the borrowers' son & girlfriend are doing their own thing in the next room! You could here them through the wall! Mrs. Borrower had a nervous giggle in her voice when she explained that son and girlfriend were "constantly" doing that.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 12/7/05 7:02pm
Msg #81040

I remember you posting that Beth! Must have been really uncomfortable. Lovely parents, I must say...sounds like sonny ruled the roost.

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/7/05 7:03pm
Msg #81041

TitleGal, it was the biggest challenge I have ever faced...keeping a straight face. Smiley

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 12/7/05 7:03pm
Msg #81042

I once did a deal for a golf pro in the middle of the course while he was on the 6th green. Had to have someone drive me out on a cart, then wait till he finised the hole, then signed in the golf cart.

Reply by cntrlcalntry on 12/7/05 7:18pm
Msg #81045

I had one a few weeks ago when the husband was so mad at the wife I was sure he was going to give her a smack down any minute. Yelling names in her face and shoving the docs at her. I told them I could come back at a better time but no he insisted he wanted to do it then. After we were finished he pulled something out and disappeared into the garage while I checked the docs. Gee, I wonder what he was doing as he came back in a much better mood!! I know, get used to it right?

Reply by MsRobbo on 12/7/05 8:32pm
Msg #81053

I can think of two. One was at a home that was undergoing renovations and had no where to sit. Borrowers signed on a sheet of plywood. The second was on a Saturday and the borrowers had a beer meister and drank through the whole closing. Hope they remembered!

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/7/05 8:44pm
Msg #81055

Dropping in at a 50 year class reunion. A man from California here to sign his rev mort while on vacation at his 50th class reunion. Yes...I had to go to the reunion.

Reply by MB_AZ on 12/7/05 10:50pm
Msg #81081

<Did it on the plane>
Yea, I've heard that before....lol!

Reply by christiSocal on 12/8/05 12:08am
Msg #81098

I had one in a bad part of town, the borrower had had a flat tire, so we signed at the tire repair shop. while he's signing in my car, the local crazy guy is shouting obsenitys at me. He finally moved to the middle of the busy street and shouted at the cars going by.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.