Notary Rotary
JB in PA loose acks and jurats
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 12/15/05 12:01pm
Msg #82765

This is the first closing that I completed that needed multiple acks and jurats added due to wording omissions . Most of the acks and jurats are being added to the title company docs.
Two are acks that are being added to Chase docs. I have included a title of the doc for each
certificate that I am adding. My question is should I draw a line through the ack or jurat that I am not using? I only bring this up because my local courthouse has repeatedly instructed that an unused ack should be left blank and the new one should be added as a separate page. I have read here that some of you line through the incorrect ack and initial. Is this just your usual practice or is this a law somewhere?

P.S. I know that you can not have any blanks in your certificate, but what if you are not using the incorrect certificate at all.

I am sorry to ramble on. This seems like it is a basic no brainer, but I am asking the question anyway.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/15/05 1:23pm
Msg #82788

Re: JB in PA loose acks and jurats - Great question.

**I only bring this up because my local courthouse has repeatedly instructed that an unused ack should be left blank and the new one should be added as a separate page. I have read here that some of you line through the incorrect ack and initial. Is this just your usual practice or is this a law somewhere?**

I prefer leaving them blank with no slash because I think it looks messy to slash. Cannot wait to get more answers on this.

Boy, if I think this is a great question, I need to get out more...but I do want to hear answers.

Reply by PattiCA on 12/15/05 2:15pm
Msg #82803

I will normally write See attached on the signature line. I have had too many companyies say I didn't notarize a document (because someone feels compelled to pull it all apart) when I don't do something of the sort. I agree that striking it looks messy, but if the loose certificate becomes unattached, a receiver of the document may not know that there was one attached and will look like you missed it. Just my 2 cents.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 12/15/05 3:30pm
Msg #82824

I too draw a single diagonal line through the certificate and write "See attached certificate" on the notary signature line. I've never had one come back.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.