Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
John R. Doe III - how do they initial? JRD III?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by SignerCA on 12/10/05 2:04pm
Msg #81703

Reply by PAW_Fl on 12/10/05 2:12pm
Msg #81705

Check with the lender/title as some are fine with just JRD, some want JRD III. I've had to do it both ways, again primarily depending on how the lender wants it. Absent any instructions, JRD III would be my choice as that covers it fully.

Reply by SignerCA on 12/10/05 2:15pm
Msg #81706

Yea, I can't get a hold of the lender. I figure since that is the way it reads on the DOT then it should have the III after the initials.

Reply by Brad_Ca on 12/10/05 3:10pm
Msg #81716

JRD III is correct. JRD JR, JRD SR, JRD IV etc. I have the 3rd after my name, and have to initial that way because it is my full legal name

Reply by SignerCA on 12/10/05 3:27pm
Msg #81723

Thank you both

Reply by Ted_MI on 12/11/05 9:58am
Msg #81844

Hi PAW,

With respect to your last statement I believe you are correct. I am a Junior, and whenever I put my initals down I also include the junior as well as the three other initials.

When I have been doing signings what I have said to borrowers, etc. is heh, just put your initials down the way you normally do them. Maybe I am being a bit lazy and not a real stickler but so far (at least) I haven't had any problems.

Now people signing their names, that is another matter entirely.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.