Notary Rotary
Last Minute Closings
Notary Discussion History

Last Minute Closings
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 12/13/05 1:36pm
Msg #82228

Last Minute Closings

I am not experiencing the no closes as stated in a thread below, but the past 2 months I have never been asked to do more last minute closings than in 3 years. Last night they called at 7:00 pm. Wave of the future? Oh, underwriting cleared and title cleared and it is 6:00 pm, no problem schedule it. What I fund funny is that the borrowers have been so flexible. But I guess if people work during the day and they are available that evening who cares. Looks like no curling up with a good book this month.

Reply by Mdene_AZ on 12/13/05 1:51pm
Msg #82231

I ask for more money for those last minute closings. I have never been refused.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 2:21pm
Msg #82247

Good point friend. I did last night and they gave it without blinking. It was late, cold snowy and rural. You just really need to be thinking on your feet at all times.

Reply by lonestar_tx on 12/13/05 11:12pm
Msg #82325

I am a recruiter for a signing service and I usually tack on an extra $25+ (depending on distance and shortness of notice) for same day closings.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 12/14/05 8:32am
Msg #82366

In my opinion there is a difference between same day signings and last minute signings. Same day signings can usually be worked into one's schedule and I dont charge extra for those. Last minute signings are, gotta be signed today before midnight or all hell breaks lose. Now those you will pay extra for and I treat them just like a piggyback loan.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.