Notary Rotary
Latest on DHL's *lost tape*
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 12/20/05 3:41pm
Msg #83718

I called ABN AMRO to find EXACTLY what was included on the lost tape - name, SS# and October payment history. I was concerned because our payments are automatically deducted from our checking account bi-weekly. I was informed that no banking information was on the tape.

Instead of telling me at the beginning of the conversation, the representative waited to tell me at the end -- "You have heard the latest on the tape?"

Me- "No, I just got the letters and read the press release."

Rep - "The tape was found this morning at DHL's facility, in tact and untampered."

So, in conclusion -- it all comes back in a complete circle to DHL, who I still will not use for loan shipments!

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/20/05 3:43pm
Msg #83719

Whew! What a scare. I am glad that they found the tape.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/20/05 3:57pm
Msg #83724

Re: eXpenN - they're your mortgage company, too?

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/20/05 3:59pm
Msg #83726

Re: eXpenN - they're your mortgage company, too?

No, but they are the mortgage co. for close friends of mine.

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/20/05 4:07pm
Msg #83728

Glad that they found it, identity theft is no fun. Someone is running around here with the same name as my husband. Our own bank sent a letter dropping their credit card down to a $400. limit because some idiot with the same name owes a collection service $200. on a cell phone from 3 years ago. Every once in awhile it pops up and drops his score. We've dealt with this twice now. BTW: My husband told the bank where they could stick their credit limit, he was so pissed that they did this without investigation as to why this was on the report. If they had half a brain, they would have figured out an obvious error!

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/20/05 4:14pm
Msg #83730

That would have aggravated me too...and my name is pretty typical too. I had a gas station in Queens, NY copy my credit card when I was paying for gas. Had a bunch of charges accrued by the time I got back to Dallas. The credit card co. fixed it right up for me real quickly. I try to be more careful about that now. My brother is lucky, he has a very unusual name, so more than likely, he wouldn't get mistaken for another person. My mom, too.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.