Notary Rotary
MD special forms hassle. VENTING
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Beth/MD on 12/30/05 12:25pm
Msg #85300

If I have one more TC insist that MD legals are not on the right-sized paper or are filled out
incorrectly, because they're in CA and know MD better than a TIP, I am going to implode! If I were these borrowers I think I'd sue the TC just for the aggrivation they've continually caused. I will be going back out to have the borrowers sign the MD Finance AFF for the 3rd time. This time it will be filled out just like it was the first time only then it was on legal sized paper! I think it was Marie who posted that she'd verified that legal sized paper is okay. But no.....this #$#% knows better. I don't get enough business from these idiots so I think I'll tell her where to put her next problem. Okay, I think I'm going to be better.

Reply by Janet Angi on 12/30/05 12:45pm
Msg #85302

Contact your recorders office and get the information on accepting documents for recording. Then fax it to the Title Company so that way they know you are correct. Sometimes, each county is different and so this makes it easier to get it recorded. This makes you look really smart if you have this information at your hands.

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/30/05 12:48pm
Msg #85303

DUH!!!!!!! Believe it or not I already have done this with this woman. She's an idiot. I think that this is her first week in business! It doesn't matter to her how much knowledge/experience anyone else has.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/30/05 2:01pm
Msg #85314

Where is Missy Anderson?

I need a good pick-me-up.

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/30/05 3:41pm
Msg #85322

Re: Where is Missy Anderson? Both of you can...............

Reply by DonR_NYC on 12/30/05 11:10pm
Msg #85394

Not to take sides but before I would go off on a rant with the TC or SS (whoever hired you) check with the county clerk's office where the document is to be recorded (provided it is a recordable document). Some county clerk offices charge a different rate for legal sized paper than letter sized (at least in NYS).

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/31/05 7:05am
Msg #85430

again, DUH!!! That's why I'm venting!!! I have been doing this longer than a couple of weeks now.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/31/05 10:10am
Msg #85465

We used to record mortgages for just about every state in the union and Maryland was a nightmare. The forms, the calculations, the fees. They would tell you one thing and then send it back, again and again. The counties were all like little fiefdoms and rude to boot.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.