Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
My experience with a new SS. Just wanted to share.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Becca_FL on 12/6/05 10:02pm
Msg #80795

I had the opportunity to work with a new SS today by the name of pcmobilenotary.com. I wanted to share my experience because I was impressed by the professionalism of this company.

The owner, Todd Ballou and his scheduler Christina were really a pleasure to do business with. Even the lender rep was a jewel. The borrowers were well informed and there were no surprises at the table. To beat all - edocs for a 6pm were posted on the website around 1pm.

My one and only complaint about this SS is that they pay only $25 if the borrowers refuse to sign at the table. I spoke with Todd about this policy last night and informed him that I would not be signing his contract as I did not agree to the terms, but I would complete the assigned signing. Todd said he put a lot of thought into his fee structure and thought the trip fee was fair. After completing the signing tonight, I think it's really a shame that I will be turning down future work because of a lousy trip fee.

Pcmobilenotary.com appears to be a serious SS with a professional staff, well organized website and agreeable payment terms. Pcmobile didn't hand-hold or ask for fax backs, just a simple notification & tracking # via their website.

What would you do?

Oh BTW, they found me on the NSA site - that's a total of four calls from NNA/NSA site since April, for those of you keeping track.

Reply by Brenda_CO on 12/6/05 10:13pm
Msg #80798

I share your opinion that Todd Bllou is really a good to work with. I haven't heard from them in a while, but they are always helpful, pay well, and quickly. I would work for them anytime!

Reply by Roger_OH on 12/6/05 10:43pm
Msg #80804

I think you have to ask yourself what it's worth to you. How many actual no-signs do you encounter? 1 out 20? 1 out of 10? Is it worth it for you to take perhaps 19 good signings from an otherwise good company vs the 1 you'll only get $25 for? Does it really happen often enough to totally skew the relationship?

Reply by MelissaM_FL on 12/7/05 6:41am
Msg #80823

I think 1 out of 20 is being generous. I'm in the same market as Becca (we refer to each other regularly) and see no-signs fairly regularly. Typically a no-sign loan is a) the LO didn't go over the information beforehand with the borrower or b) the lender is doing a bait/switch on the borrower. I refuse to pressure a borrower to sign a loan if they are not comfortable, which is the same business practice Becca uses as well.

IMO, a no-sign/canceled loan takes longer to sign than one where the borrowers have been briefed thoroughly by their LO, usually twice as long. After printing, driving to the borrower's home, spending up to two hours trying to get a loan signed with the LO's input, no, a $25 fee is not worth it to me.

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/7/05 8:22am
Msg #80840

I agree with Roger. I do these as well, however, I've only had 1 no sign since I've been doing this. I've saved several by having them sign with the reminder that they could cancel if the LO couldn't fix something...like the escrow or a disbursement on HUD because meanwhile they paid down a credit card, etc. My one no-sign was last month and only because the wife was putting them into an interest only for ten years at a higher int rate than they had. I was glad the husband 'saw' it.
It's strange to hear SA's from FL saying no signs are a regular happening and I don't feel I pressure anyone into anything myself.
I've never been in any home for 2 hours either and that includes the R.M.s.

Reply by Jimmy_FL on 12/7/05 8:28am
Msg #80843

Charm,I am in florida.Just like you I rarely ever get any..

no signs...I always remind the borrowers that they have the 3 day right to cancel and always call the LO if there is a problem.Most of the problems that I run into can be fixed fairly easy.I am not one to give up very easily..My time in my opinion is very valuable...

Reply by Becca_FL on 12/7/05 9:20am
Msg #80856

I had a no sign just last night...

due to a typo in the address. The wrong address was on the entire pkg. Guess what? I got paid me full fee.

No signs happen for a number reasons, 99% are out of our control. Wrong addy, wrong name, mis-spellings, brw is married/not married, docs dated wrong, the list goes on and on. My time is valuable and I believe I should be paid for my time regardless of the finale outcome. A no-sign, often times, takes just as long (if not longer) then an actual closing. Call the broker/Lo, call the TC, LO calls back to try to sell the borrowers, yada, yada, yada. After all the "selling" I've been there for an hour and feel I should be compensated for my time, that's all.

Reply by MelissaM_FL on 12/7/05 9:41am
Msg #80865

Re: I had a no sign just last night...

Address typos are really common in both Vero Beach and Port St Lucie, in my experience. I believe we should be paid for our time as well.

My two hour signing last night was basically three packages in one, and it did sign. But, calling the TC to get a number for the LO. TC called LO, LO called borrower...borrower speaks English as a second language and was NOT getting what the LO said on the phone. I took the phone and had to point out and basically read the items to the borrower that the LO was pointing out to them.

I always point out the RTC and let them know that the LO should be available to answer any questions, but the basic problem for last night's deal was that the LO promised a fixed rate loan and the loan was actually an adjustable, fixed for 5 years. THAT was a major problem for the borrower.

Will I accept a "trip fee" for this one if it falls apart during the RTC period? Nope. Like I said before, a no-sign usually takes much longer than a signed loan and paying a lower fee to the notary at the table if the loan doesn't sign only removes our impartiality. Even if it is because of typos in the names and addresses, we still have to call and ask title how they want the issue handled. Some want a re-draw and others just want corrections. We all know how available title is at 8 pm.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 12/7/05 6:44am
Msg #80824

What was that adage about ....cutting off YOUR nose...?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.