Notary Rotary
Nations Direct...
Notary Discussion History

Nations Direct...
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Loretta Reed on 12/29/05 3:14pm
Msg #85087

Nations Direct...

Okay, here we go. I got a call from them 5 minutes ago, they want me to do a closing tomorrow with docs overnighted. She asked me if I would do it for the base fee, I said "What's that?" She said "$40". After I picked myself up off of the floor, I said "No".
I told her that no one in my area would do a signing for $40 and she said that they pay $40 regularly in my area. I would like to have 5 minutes with this person that does signings this cheap, in a dark alley. There are only a handful of us in this area and I am disgusted. After 10 years experience, I would not walk out the door for that amount, shoot, I won't get out of bed.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 12/29/05 3:23pm
Msg #85088

Loretta: Nations Direct is notoriously cheap, but they will negotiate if, in fact, there are no other Notaries available for a particular closing. The last one I did for them was about 3 weeks ago and they paid $100 for a 20 mile round trip. They tried to offer $45 and I turned them down flat....next time they call you, stand firm on your price.

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/29/05 3:30pm
Msg #85090

I like when they call and I tell them no LTP is going to be that cheap and they say "we just need a regular notary!"

Reply by Elizabeth Atwood on 12/29/05 3:58pm
Msg #85095

I get calls from Nations Direct...I NEVER do overnite docs for less than 125.00 unless it is a heloc-100.00 and my fees are higher for other counties. Just a FYI..I know there are Delaware notaries servicing this area( Worcester and Wicomico) one did my refi. I know of one other notary in Salisbury a LTP who wouldn't do anything that low. I have often been told by these companies that they will find another notary for less, only to have them call back later and meet my fee. And by the way, Nations has also met my fee.
We just need to stick to our guns!!!!

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 12/29/05 4:12pm
Msg #85101

I agree, Elizabeth. If I had to have a TPL, I'd charge alot more too. Fortunately, I don't need one in PA and will gladly take a HELOC for $100 if it's within 20 miles.

Reply by Loretta Reed on 12/29/05 6:35pm
Msg #85123

Delaware notaries are not suppose to come over the state line to conduct a closing unless they have their TPL and are a MD notary. I do closings for DE properites but they meet me in Maryland. Nice to finally speak with you Elizabeth. You might think this is funny Elizabeth, I did a closing yesterday for a bank in Salisbury and she told me that there was someone in Salisbury, she would not name her, that did a closing for this lender and came to the closing wearing capri pants with flip flops, orange nail polish, green toenail polish and chewing gum. Her "fake" nails were verrrry long and needed filling in and she was an hour late and blamed it on her "dial up" service.
They will never use her again.

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/29/05 8:13pm
Msg #85156

Hope she stays out of Towson!

Reply by Traci/MD on 12/29/05 8:39pm
Msg #85167

Hey Loretta & Elizabeth,
My friend had a DE Notary close her loan , last week in Easton. Well just for the record wasn't me at the bank. My toes nails and finger nails always match. Ha Ha ! Happy New!

Reply by Marie_MD on 12/30/05 12:43am
Msg #85225

You could make more working for McDonalds!!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.