Need Texas Notaries who have Rev Mort Experience
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTx on 12/22/05 12:04pm
Msg #84130

NSAs who have REV MORT experience:

Due to some killer marketing by one of my associates on my Texas NSA Network website I was contacted yesterday by a client to assist them with developing a database of Rev Mort experienced notaries.

If you are in Texas, and you have a good bit of rev mort experience, please contact me if you are interested:

If you will trust me to do so, I will confirm your rev mort experience and then pass your name on to my contact. This client has started contacting the NSAs who are listed on my website, but I feel we need more by the way the situation was presented to me even in some of the larger counties which are already covered.

You certainly do not have to send your fee info. Mainly I need your contact info and a way to verify your rev mort experience.

Specifically, here is what I want you to EMAIL to me. I need:

Name
Experience Years/# of signings
Phone 1
Phone 2
Fax
email
Website
Counties you cover
Cities you cover
City and zip code you are located in

***I have to verify that you have rev mort experience - you can do this by giving me references or telling me something key about the packages you have done. I sure don't blame you if you do not want to give up your contacts...but I have staked my reputation on this little project and I need to be able to vouch for you. I may give you call to discuss as time permits.***

I will not release the name of the client because it's from our hard work this came about. They will receive your information and contact you if you are so inclined.

I made it clear to them that they pick the notaries directly. They really liked that idea because that way they are going to have control over quality. WOW SOMEONE FINALLY GETS IT YA'LL!!!

What I can offer you if you provide your info to me is the range of fees that I think they will pay. They understand you set your own fee and that I have nothing to do with that either.

This client understands they cannot engage me as a signing service. I created the network site to circumvent signing services when at all possible. That is stated on the website. Once the other lady explained our position on this they liked the idea a lot. Still, they wanted me to explain it to them again. I did and they are very interested.

EMAIL ME WITH THE REQUESTED INFO.

==============================

I was merely thinking out of the box when I created the network without $$$ compensation. I started by giving notaries a place to list on my website. It takes time to build up trust. It was not about getting listing fees, but as a way to provide a vehicle to promote excellent NSAs and to exponentially market. That was my pay-off. Not everyone did their part. But, look what happened with just a "few good men."

Together with some of the active players in the group, I am considering additional networking activities for Texas NSAs which will cover a larger landscape. (But I NEED TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE - let me hear from you. Email me.)

The marketing network has worked about 25% of the way it should but 25% is so much better than nothing!

Theoretically, the way it was set up was exclusive to one or two NSAs per county. For the privilege of the listing and referrals we do, they were to market to five to ten new contacts each week via phone, fax, mail, or email during our start up phase to get our name out there. If there are 25 agents that is 125-250 exposures each week / 500 - 1000 exposures per month that you would get if all were participating.

Reality was that around six people did this. Some just sat back and found fault with/criticized my methods, threw stumbling blocks in front of me and undermined my leadership. Some wanted to be listed but told me that it would never work...some just logged into our forum to give excuses. Then there were the ones who kept up with the commitments through thick and thin. (I was amazed at how people will commit and not do anything. Yeah, I was a little naive but I will overcome this problem because there are good people who want to be on a team.) Even with the naysayers and laggers, six good people doing ten to 25 each week made 60 - 150 contacts made for the group.

Frankly, some are still gettng a free ride with the website and the marketing the others do...that's still an issue with me, but have not figured out how to make it stop just yet. I feel CONFIDENT there ARE enough AGGRESSIVE notaries in Texas who want to market and I plan to find them.

If you decide to start a group, GO FOR IT. You will need a website and patience to build up trust and to separate the dead weight from the busy bees. 20% of the people do 80% of the work. So true!

With enough content and notary names on it w/ areas covered you will google up to the top and get found.

This call was a great motivator to get me started again.

As networking NSAs progresses (whether through me or others) , IF the business is there in Texas WE will be getting it. Rev morts in Texas may be our ticket. We will just have to see. Everything may also fall apart if rev morts do not remain in our hands, but only time will tell.

I am also working with a couple of my associates on another project to get more exposure and to attempt to create other ways to forego the middleman situation. I do not have a dislike for SSs, but I am also an entrepreneur just like them. This is my way of competing.

I want the whole fee for the notary so that as our refi jobs dwindle, our compensation may may increase to keep us in business and our businesses should get a little healthier.
================================================================
Thanks so much to the one who made this happen with her wonderfully positive outlook and her understanding of the word commitment. You are an inspiration to me.

Reply by anonymous on 12/22/05 1:15pm
Msg #84146

What a racket, a hypocrite.....advertising on the board, you are indeed a piece of work! Need one say more.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/22/05 2:10pm
Msg #84157

Thank you for your insight. Maybe you are correct. If so, I would certainly want Harry to remove this if it is advertising my services as you accuse.

I do NOT want to dilute the quality of the board. I like this board a good deal.

==================================
Ma'am,

You revealed your identify by your earlier posts on your location and a certain style of writing that you do.

Let's play nice, please, _._. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

To quote you, "Need one say more?"

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/22/05 2:12pm
Msg #84159

Re: spelling error...Spelling Police!

Ma'am,

You revealed your IDENTITY (not identify) by your earlier posts on your location and a certain style of writing that you do.

Let's play nice, please, _._. _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

To quote you, "Need one say more?"

Reply by anonymous on 12/22/05 2:32pm
Msg #84164

Yes, Queen of nice, no accusing here just the obvious....Thank you for putting so much thought into my previous writing and my identity. To most this would be of no importance except for those disturbed by brown bags.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/22/05 3:07pm
Msg #84170

Queen of nice? Why the catty name calling?

Can you please tell me what it is that you want?

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/22/05 3:44pm
Msg #84182

Brenda...

Running by, catching up and off again soon as docs are finished printing. Whew, busy week and non stop, I'm dizzy.

This particular 'brown bag' disturbs me because she really has it out for you. Obviously green because you are a successful entrepreneur and she is not. She can't stand to see you succeed and stay alive in this field, let alone branch out and help your fellow notaries. She must have quit a full time job after following your success stories and can't pay the bills. Occasionally we will get stalked by a bitter anon but that's part and parcel with the territory. Some women just can't deal with other successful women, without catty behavior and taking a swipe when they can....sad. Her remark about you advertising shows me that she is clueless. You go girl and don't sweat the pain in the ass, although I know you don't Smiley

***To most this would be of no importance except for those disturbed by brown bags.***

how brown does she think her bag is? lol

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/22/05 4:24pm
Msg #84190

Re: Brenda...

**This particular 'brown bag' disturbs me because she really has it out for you.**

I know, Charm. Well...you agree with a couple of emails which have come my way today.

I am glad someone else sees the point. But, she does have a good job...her posts say she has a beautiful life...so why in the world she'd focus on a middle-aged (not plump, only plumpette) notary in Texas is beyond me.

As far as me paying attention to what she has posted - YOU BET I will pay attention to every detail when someone is making me uncomfortable. It pays off.

Sometimes I'd like to be anon, but I know I'd get caught. Smiley

Reply by anonymous on 12/22/05 2:18pm
Msg #84160

Re: Need Texas Notaries who have Rev Mort Experience

Reply by TitleGalCA on 12/22/05 2:39pm
Msg #84165

I don't see how this differ's from SS's such as SLB or Negretes coming online and asking the notaries here to sign up with them. How is this advertising?

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/22/05 2:58pm
Msg #84168

Thanks, but actually TG, I think it is less than that. I do not earn from the notaries work. I did not post my website, I did not put up my email.

Reply by Merry_CA on 12/22/05 3:10pm
Msg #84172

Actually, TG, you point out something rather disturbing... the SS's who come on this board and ask us to sign up with them are definately advertising with profit as a motive. If anyone should be called on the carpet for advertising it would be them. They cut into our profit and have this forum allowing them to do so.

Brenda is simply putting together a database for which she has no profit motive.

Keep on... keepin' on Brenda!

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/22/05 4:06pm
Msg #84186

Thanks Merry. It was not my intention to advertise my services. I was trying to give opportunity. I don't know. I do not want to offend Harry and Tracy. I had better submit to him next time to keep anon out of my business.

Reply by DellaCa on 12/22/05 4:34pm
Msg #84195

Sound to me Brenda is helping her fellow SA and nothing else.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 12/22/05 5:07pm
Msg #84199

I agree completely Della...

Those guys and gals down in Texas are organized and together! I didn't see the post as a way for Brenda to make a quick buck, quite the opposite. I wish there were more of us up here in Tennessee so that we too could unite and help each other out. These anon posts are beginning to grind on my nerves. I've decided not to even bother reading anymore of them, they just wish to needle....Happy Holidays all!

Reply by Anonymous on 12/22/05 7:11pm
Msg #84225

Brenda sorry to post anon but....

Ignore anon and keep kickin ass. He/she is obviously jealous. Keep on truckin and don't let it bother you.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/22/05 7:34pm
Msg #84235

Re: Brenda sorry to post anon but....

I appreciate your supportive comments along with others. Thank you all very much.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.