Notary Rotary
OT - Audio or lack thereof
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by CarolynCO on 12/20/05 5:15pm
Msg #83741

Feeling worn out but much relieved after finding out mortgage/credit tape had been located, I decided to rock out with Neil Diamond while catching up on paperwork, etc. I put the CD into the computer and there was no sound. I check speaker volume and it's turned up, I plug and unplug the speaker connectors, I crawl on the floor tracking the subwoofer cord, plugged and unplugged it a couple of times. Removed the subwolfer connector partially from the back of the CPU and there is loud buzzing. Put it all the way back in and nothing. Hoping it was the speakers and not the subwoofer that had taken a sh**t, I kept troubleshooting, i.e., beating the speakers on top of my desk.

If this ever happens to anyone, before going through all the above steps, first open up your mixer controls on your computer and make sure the audio is not checked to be muted. After all my troubleshooting, I had the volume control on the speakers wide open, as was the volume slider icon on the computer -- however, neither did anything with the mute checked, and I have no idea how it got checked -- as soon as I unchecked it, I'm surprised I didn't blow out my office window -- at that instant, everyone within a three block area could hear Neil. But now I'm happy.

Reply by christiSocal on 12/20/05 10:47pm
Msg #83786

I thought I heard him for a minute, he's one of my fav's. But you turned him down way too fast! Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.