Notary Rotary
OT/ How's the Christmas shopping going?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Beth/MD on 12/11/05 9:02am
Msg #81813

I dragged my moaning husband out yesterday at what he called an "ungodly" hour to take advantage of some sales. We finally drove into our drive way at about 4:00! I'm still not finished. How are the rest of you doing? Anyone else take a moaning husband with them?

Reply by Teddog_CO on 12/11/05 9:05am
Msg #81815

Beth,

You know the Real Sales are after Christmas. Now if you can just talk everyone into it Christmas shopping would be much easier and cheaper! lol Fat chance, right! lol

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/11/05 9:08am
Msg #81817

I love the day after Christmas sales.

Reply by NM_CO on 12/11/05 9:08am
Msg #81818

lol.

In this house it's the other way around. I hate to shop, husband loves to shop - I'm the moaner. I'm all set! Did all of my shopping online.

I did however go to Circuit City the day after Thanksgiving to get a monitor that was half off for a "few hours" only but when I got there, there were lines all over the place with taped off isle ways. I left and said to myself, "forget it, I'll pay full price if I have to".

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/11/05 9:09am
Msg #81819

My sisters-in-law and I joined forces the day after Thanksgiving. We got up at 3 a.m. to be in the lines at Wal-Mart!

Reply by NM_CO on 12/11/05 9:12am
Msg #81821

oh. my. gawd. 3 am?

I really hope you got some good deals??

eBay and I are best friends. lol. There is a particular brand that I know exactly how it fits and my size (Tahari) so I am constantly buying new suits off of eBay but it has to be new with tags. Most of these suits you get at Saks for 300-400 and I won't go over 50.00 on eBay. I love it! :D

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/11/05 9:09am
Msg #81820

Since I like to keep busy with other hobbies, I do most my shopping on line. I find real neat things on overstock.com, eBay, outpost.com, and Amazon. I still need to run to an electronics store to pick-up a gift certificate...which I could also do online. Last minute stocking stuffers I usually get at Target, Marshall's, Ross's, and/or World Market. I get overwhelmed with a lot of people shopping....some people get pushy. So, I can be printing eDocs and buying items online. Works out real well and saves a lot of time. Good luck with finishing up your shopping!!!

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/11/05 9:13am
Msg #81823

I love the shear fun of going to the mall and whipping out the credit cards! While I do some online shopping. Christmas shopping is part of the season for me.

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/11/05 9:16am
Msg #81825

I understand. I think a lot of people feel the same way. Not only do you get to SHOP!!!, but you get to see the decorations. I like the decorations, but I sometimes feel stressed with all the people. I would go shopping at strange hours, but then I get so tired. Most evenings I teach taekwondo or have orchestra rehearsal...if I don't have a signing. Smiley

Reply by NM_CO on 12/11/05 9:18am
Msg #81830

Beth has a good point. Shopping is a part of the xmas spirit. I'm like exped though, I can't deal with the crowds.

Reply by Teddog_CO on 12/11/05 9:17am
Msg #81826

Good Grief Woman! You are kidding, right? lol nm

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/11/05 9:18am
Msg #81828

Re: Good Grief Woman! You are kidding, right? lol nm

Hope. Tee hee hee! Monday and Thursday's are TKD, Wednesday nights are NTSO rehearsals. Tuesday and Friday's I could go shopping?!?!?!?

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/11/05 9:18am
Msg #81829

Nope, not hope. Ooops N/M

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/11/05 9:19am
Msg #81831

Re: Good Grief Woman! I got tired just reading that! n/m

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/11/05 9:24am
Msg #81834

Re: Good Grief Woman! I got tired just reading that! n/m

You're too funny. Really, the TKD is more exercise than anything else. I do order the equipment and make the belt exam certificates, but that only happens every 3 months. What part of MD are you in? I have family in Fredericks (sp?). I was in Reston, VA a couple yrs ago learning a new programming language for my telecom job. Cable & Wireless is also my customer so I was there another time working. I love to go in to DC. The Smithsonians are awesome! Do you live close to DC?

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/11/05 9:29am
Msg #81835

Re: expedn

I'm currently in Towson. My husband and I are looking to buy in either Frederick or Westminster. We go to the district pretty often. We love the museums too.

Reply by LilyMD on 12/11/05 9:32am
Msg #81837

Re: expedn and Beth

I live in the Frederick area and just love it. And as for the museums, my husband and I also visit DC quite often. We love the museums, too.

Reply by Danny_FL on 12/11/05 9:22am
Msg #81833

Its Christmas time already??? Seems I just finished paying off the last one...

Danny

Reply by LilyMD on 12/11/05 9:33am
Msg #81838

I know how you feel Danny!

Reply by Teddog_CO on 12/11/05 9:48am
Msg #81842

Lilly & Danny

See! You know what I mean. You do Christmas after Christmas, pay less-no crowds-less hassle! Now the challenge, you just have to talk everyone into the Christmas after Christmas concept. No bills in July for "Christmas Past." So what things are a "little" picked over , so what "it's not the correct color" "You mean that's Not what you wanted?" Gee! Anyone can see the value in this new and exciting concept. LOL

Merry Christmas to All

Teddog

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/11/05 10:43am
Msg #81848

Re: Lilly & Danny

I am all but done. Just a few stocking stuffers left. And yes I dragged my hubby out moaning and groaning the saturday after Thanksgiving as I will not to the day after anymore. This is the only time of year I enjoy shopping because of the thought of the kids faces on Christmas morning when they are opening hteir presents.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.