Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
OT...Thanks for the cold meds suggestions...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Beth/MD on 12/1/05 7:36am
Msg #79499

told hubby of everyone's recommendations. He stopped by the pharmacy on his way home. He brought back Theraflu. For all of you that suggested Theraflu, I don't know what's worse -- the cold or the taste of that stuff! Yet I do feel a bit better this morning. My dogs have been wonderful nurses! I'll probably spend another day lazing around the house! Yippee, more daytime t.v.!

Reply by Anonymous on 12/1/05 8:06am
Msg #79501

Why are you telling us this?

Reply by newlysmomva on 12/1/05 8:12am
Msg #79502

Try looking back a bit "Anonymous"!!!Sheesh!!
A little bit late, I mix into a glass jar-blackberries (fill jar), one orange in slices, grated ginger root, cinnamon sticks-cover with brandy- shake it every day for two weeks, strain out fruit, etc. Place liquid in frig and keep for when you are taking cold or flu. I got recipe from organic tea book and I think it seems to work for me. (BUT I also am a believer in chicken soup and Theraflu!)

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/1/05 10:45am
Msg #79530

Re: OT...Thanks...newlysmomva

I especially like the brandy part! It seems everyone uses some kind of "kicker" for the common cold.

Reply by BetsyMI on 12/1/05 9:56am
Msg #79514

Anon, why are you bothering to read this if it annoys you?

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/1/05 9:39am
Msg #79512

Glad the Theraflu is working and you are feeling better. Yesterday I recommended Airborne and it tastes much better...although, still not that great. Maybe next time you might want to try it. Hope you feel 100% soon!!!

-Melissa

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 12/1/05 11:06am
Msg #79543

A little late but...

My favorite, that seems to work best for me, is:
Whiskey ( Southern Comfort-100 proof)
lemon slices and juice
Honey
heat til honey is dissolved, let cool till just warm enough to drink. Works better than Nyquil for a good nights sleep!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.