Old title search...= messed up docs
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Art_MD on 12/13/05 6:37pm
Msg #82285

Old title search...= messed up docs

Guy owns a house.
Takes a HELOC with girtlfriend. Sept 10
They breakup
He get a bigger HELOC on Oct 22 - and they do a QC deed to remove her and the HELOC is only in his name

Tonight he's doing a consolidation. Deed shows both names. In talking to TC, they only did title search to OCT 15.

O well, he crossed her name out upteen times and initialed - including DOT. PER TC!!!!
Will see if it flies.

Art

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 7:59pm
Msg #82288

Ok Art here's another, what do you think

Mr. C. owns house alone.
Mr. marries Mrs. C.
I do a refi for them.
They only use Mrs. C's income to qualify for the loan so Mr. C is not on note, only Mrs. C.
Mr. and Mrs. C are both on the mortgage, no quit claim putting her in title.
I only asked because the mortgage had her married name and ID had maiden name (did finally produce a marriage license with married name)
I say do you know if at any time prior to this trans. you did a deed to put Mrs. in title. No.
I call title co. (big reputable one) They say NY is not a spousal state, I say I know that. (not that that comment from tc made much sense in this case).
I say wife is not in title and you are having her sign the mortgage.
TC says, we don't care and the bank doesn't care.
If there was ever a foreclosure, they really couldn't name her in an action as she is not legally in title and isn't this whole transaction bogus.
Am I missing something really big and obvious or is this title co. nuts, and has it come to "We don't care and neither does the bank", just sign and return.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 8:02pm
Msg #82289

Re: Ok Art here's another, what do you think

Don't worry anonymous, you will be trashed as much as me for posting as anonymous. Keep it up and they might blame you for my comments. Hehe.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 9:01pm
Msg #82298

Whatever, HeHe

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 9:19pm
Msg #82308

What I really meant was whatever, HeHe, Psycho...

posting anon doen't mean you have to be an psycho ahole.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.