Notary Rotary
Payment
Notary Discussion History

Payment
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Sherri Garlitz on 12/27/05 12:59pm
Msg #84657

Payment

I have not gotten paid for several signings that I did back in November. It is now December. How can I assure payment?

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/27/05 1:13pm
Msg #84659

One of my "best" clients do not pay until 45-60-90 days out. I just sent a statement for $560 to one with two jobs on the list for October 6th and 26th. They always pay when I send them the statement of their account but never pay before 45 days.

You should do a search on "collections" to see what you may turn up.

Reply by REE_NJ on 12/27/05 1:18pm
Msg #84660

There are several other posts re: collection procedures; if you perform a search. The following are suggestions you should take since the payments you are waiting for a less than 60 days:
1. Contact your clients and confirm they received your invoice;
If they have, find out when payment will be received. If not, resend them a duplicate invoice via facsimile or e-mail
2. If you have already contacted your clients, send a reminder notice with the invoice attached.

Since your payments are not past 60 days, you can refrain from sending any harsh notice especially if these are clients that have normally paid on time.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/27/05 1:59pm
Msg #84669

This time of year, I don't worry too much about late payments from the regulars as there are a lot of forces at work that will delay things. Overnight services being closed, post office being swamped (I had one payment take 2 weeks to go 80 miles via US Postal Service), vacations etc. I will send a couple of friendly reminders and / or friendly phone calls after 45 days. I don't get serious until after 60 days. Then come the registered letters that I can use to form a paper trail.

If these are regulars, cut them some slack. Understanding works both ways.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.