Notary Rotary
Phone calls at closings,,,,
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 12/27/05 2:12pm
Msg #84672

Just had a closing where anther SS called in the middle and asked if i was available for another closing. I took the call, and just told the borrowers that it was thier lender asking about some of thier loan terms. I have also done this in the past and used my pregnant wife as an excuse to take a call. I just know that a SS will just move on to the next notary if i dont pick up. does anyone else here have experience with this???

Brian

Reply by Anonymous on 12/27/05 2:18pm
Msg #84673

That happens all the time to me as well. I always take calls from signing companies. They quickly move on and never leave a message. I just excuse myself and take the calls. It's never been an issue...yet!

Reply by BP/WV on 12/27/05 2:24pm
Msg #84677

Re: Phone calls at closings....

I do that all the time. I'm in an area where the clients have all been laid back. They take calls during signings too! The way I see it...Its business. I will not lie to a client. I will simply excuse myself. The scheduling calls usually take about a minute, so its really no biggie. Of course, I will not answer calls from home, friends, or family...they go right to voicemail, and I keep the phone on vibrate at all times.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/27/05 2:25pm
Msg #84678

Re: Phone calls at closings....

This is the only time that it's happened to me, but I had a borrower surfing the internet and taking numerous calls on his cell phone at a signing. He didn't pay attention to the loan documents but complained about everything! Regardless, I always take a name, number, and tell them I can confirm the signing and will call back within the hour to give/get the specifics.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 12/27/05 2:20pm
Msg #84674

Yes and I ask them to please call me back in x amount of minutes as I am currently closing a loan. I figure I am on the current SS clock and it also lets the caller that I don't mess around with other business than what is at hand. This has only happened twice and both called back.

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 12/27/05 2:20pm
Msg #84675

When my phone goes off in the middle of a signing, I apologize to the borrower and then take the call. I don't find it necessary to lie to the borrowers about why I am on the phone. I've never had a complaint. JUST MAKE THE CALL AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE.

Reply by Calnotary on 12/27/05 2:23pm
Msg #84676

I always take calls in the middle of a signing. I excuse myself and answer. Im not an employee
and I cant let signings pass by. The problem is discussing fees in front of the borrower.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/27/05 3:20pm
Msg #84685

Same here. There is no reason we have to explain to the borrower what the call is, just take care of it and get back to the signing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.