Notary Rotary
Power of Attorney Initial Question
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 12/13/05 6:36pm
Msg #82284

If a power of attorney is signing Loan Documents for someone, and on the docmuents it asks for an initial. How is that person supposed to initial the document?? If you could help me with this question that would be great!! Thanks everyone!!

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 12/13/05 6:39pm
Msg #82286

As the TC/SS that hired you. Each lender may want it a different way. So ask, and then do it the way they want it done. Done assume and then get a phone call from the TC/SS saying it was wrong.

AND GET IT FROM THEM IN WRITING!

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 8:03pm
Msg #82290

You are a notary and cannot answer this yourself? Were you the one who posted the same question a few days ago?

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 9:03pm
Msg #82300

POA

Anon is asking anon if he/she is the same anon that posted the same anon ? a few days ago.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 9:58pm
Msg #82309

Re: POA

Just answer the question!!

Reply by O/CNotary on 12/13/05 10:32pm
Msg #82313

Excuse me! Which "Anon" is this? Way too many Anons on this

board now. It has gotten very confusing. Looks like Anon is asking then asnwering their own question! Geez!

Reply by Anonymous on 12/14/05 12:02am
Msg #82335

Re: Excuse me! Which "Anon" is this? Way too many Anons on this

This is a new anonymous that is going to answer the question.
You have the signer initial as follows: (and do not call the title company as you were advised from someone else, because it makes you look bad) Per example Ann Smith signs power of attorney for John Smith, the initials are AS by JS

Reply by Jersey_Boy on 12/14/05 1:17am
Msg #82337

Re: Excuse me! Which "Anon" is this? Way too many Anons on this

Calling Title and asking a simple question does not make you look bad. I have found in many cases that it makes you look good. Better to do it right than to screw it up and eat crap for it!

Just my 2¢.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 12/14/05 9:26am
Msg #82403

New Anonymous is wrong ...

If you don't know how to do it the way the LENDER or TITLE COMPANY WANTS, you need to call. It won't make you "look bad".

And, just to let you know, YOUR ANSWER IS INCORRECT for many lenders and title companies that I work with. Here are different variations that a notary may run into (and there probably are more), if John Smith has POA to sign for Ann Smith:

AS by JS
AS by JS, AIF (this is the most common one I've run across)
AS by JS, Attorney-in-fact
As by JS, Agent (if the POA designates the authority as "Agent")
JS for AS
JS for AS, AIF

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.