Notary Rotary
Question on Owner's Affidavit
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Deb_bama on 12/20/05 4:39pm
Msg #83734

I am doing a signing tonight and on the Owner's Affidavit, there is two lines for Affiant. I assume this is where the borrowers sign. My question is there are two notarizations on this one piece of paper. One that states On this day______......that they executed the same as their free act and deed. In Testimoney whereof,.... and then my notary signature.

Directly under that is another signature where is just asks for State, County and says:

Sworn to and Subscribed before me on this ______day of ________ by _________________.

Do the borrowers name go in the by block and then I should notarize again. I have not come across this before. Thanks in advance for any help on this

Reply by Anonymous on 12/20/05 7:08pm
Msg #83750

Ok, where it says Sworn to and Subscribed..by_______________. The borrowers name goes there. You do not have to sign again. Sign once and stamp once. Hope this helps.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 12/20/05 9:52pm
Msg #83777

This is to be signed and notorized by the Title Company not you. I have done hundreds like this

Reply by Deb_bama on 12/21/05 11:16am
Msg #83863

Thanks to both of you. I ended up calling the closing company. Said that two notizations were not required and she couldn't remember why it was there. Thanks again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.