Notary Rotary
Real Estate One, LP
Notary Discussion History

Real Estate One, LP
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Brenda/CA on 12/16/05 11:43am
Msg #83034

Real Estate One, LP

This company is located in Pittsburgh, PA. Does anyone have any info on them, Good , or Bad?

Reply by AmandaCA on 12/16/05 11:44am
Msg #83036

No info on them but I am interested too. I just received an email from them asking me to sign up as a vendor.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 12/16/05 11:52am
Msg #83038

I received an e-mail from them as well, I did a search but nothing came up.

Reply by AmandaCA on 12/16/05 12:18pm
Msg #83041

They did say they were a new company. Part of their website seems to still be under construction. I am always wary of new companies, my last few are still outstanding invoice wise. If they call me for work I will be sure to ask questions. Maybe they are targeting CA? What part of CA are you in?

Reply by Brenda/CA on 12/16/05 12:48pm
Msg #83046

I am very cautious when it comes to accepting work, I have had collection problems with a few companies. I will not work for companies that will not meet my fee, or companies that have payment issues. Hopefully this being a new company they will pay timely and not lowball fees. I am in Northern CA, the San Francisco Bay Area. What part of CA are you in?

Reply by AmandaCA on 12/16/05 2:05pm
Msg #83052

I am in central CA; Bakersfield to be exact. One thing I noticed is that they ask for us to list our own fee, which is good. Normally they will tell you what they offer and that is it. So maybe it will be good.

Reply by Tina_MA on 12/16/05 10:54pm
Msg #83109

>>>"One thing I noticed is that they ask for us to list our own fee, which is good."<<<

Is it good? -- or is that their way of conducting a "silent notary auction"? All they have to do is search through their computer and find the fee they like. You may have invested quite a bit of time filling out all their paperwork, and never be called.

Then there are also the companies that expect you to stand by that fee forever. Doesn't matter that you gave them that fee back in the stone age, when your cost of doing business was much cheaper. They call, ask you to do a signing, you accept, then they state that *your fee* is $XX.XX.

Well, it's a new year, your cost of conducting business is more expensive. Everything has gone up: gasoline, electricity, heating oil and gas, supplies, there's more traffic in your area which makes what used to be a 10 minute drive into a 30 minute nightmare. So you tell them that your fee is now $XXX.XX. That's when they want you to start justifying your increase to them. And it goes downhill from there.

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/16/05 7:10pm
Msg #83096

They are a month old company.

So no track record. Work for 'em at your risk. I would go gently & not let 'em fill up my calendar 'til I know they pay. Not that that is likely in rural Arkansas.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.