Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
SA Trying To Take Business Away from TC??
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 12/12/05 10:46pm
Msg #82074

It just never ceases to amaze me.

I am posting as anonymous for obvious reasons. Sorry about that.

I received a call today for a last minute signing. TC advised me that the prev notary would not be doing closing and she wanted to give me a heads up when calling BWR as BWR was 'shook up'.

Apparentley when calling to confirm the appointment with the BWR, this notary advised BWR that he was a loan broker and when he got to the table and reviewed the numbers with them, he would see if he could offer them a better deal..

I was absolutely APPALLED at this notary's actions. Is this business getting to be this cut throat?

When I arrived at the BWR'S home, the Mrs. was still shook up. She stated the notary called and ripped her a new one for mentioning to her loan officer what he tried to do. I apologized on the notary's behalf, but felt so bad for her!

Has anyone ever encountered this? Are SA so bold as to try and still business from the hand that feeds them? If so, all I can say is WOW!

Reply by Tina_MA on 12/12/05 11:01pm
Msg #82077

>>>"Apparentley when calling to confirm the appointment with the BWR, this notary advised BWR that he was a loan broker and when he got to the table and reviewed the numbers with them, he would see if he could offer them a better deal.."<<<

The only reason we are there is to ID the borrowers and make sure they sign the docs properly. That's it. And I would never dream of offering any type of opinion about someone's loan. That's not what I'm there for.

I have had many a borrower keep trying to get my opinion on their loan. I consistently tell them that I have no opinion, that I am neutral -- like Switzerland. And if they persist, I inform them that if they want an opinion on their loan they need to engage the services of an attorney or a financial adviser.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/12/05 11:14pm
Msg #82081

Exactly Tina.. That's why I was so appalled that...

this notary would try to pull something like that!

Reply by travis faherty on 12/12/05 11:34pm
Msg #82082

Re: Exactly Tina.. That's why I was so appalled that...

new to this but my instructor that we have the borrower sign a document that outlines what we can and cannot do. its 2 fold: tells the borrower up front exactly what we can and can't do(also i read it to them and it renforces what i can/will do) secondly the borrower thinks its required, which it isn't, but it covers my butt.

Reply by John_NorCal on 12/12/05 11:37pm
Msg #82084

Re: Exactly Tina.. That's why I was so appalled that...

reminds of when I first performed signings in 1993. The gal that I had signed up with did not want anyone who was licensed as insurance agents because they were doing signings as a way to get leads for insurance sales. Obviously a person doing loans can be a greater threat than an insurance agent. But neverthess some people have no scruples.

Reply by christiSocal on 12/13/05 1:52am
Msg #82093

I recently had a SS ask me if I was a loan broker, I guess

thats why. I wonder if other notary/loan brokers have done the same thing. I know of a few here that are both, but I know they have to much integrity to do that. Like usual a few bad apples will stink up life for the rest!

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/13/05 10:26am
Msg #82152

I did a signing once where the LO told me to tell the borrowers that their rates were some of the best I've ever seen. When I told him that I had to be neutral he looked at me like I was crazy. He said another notary that comes in to the office does it all the time. I just smiled and gave a quick explanation of my job duties. I tried to be friendly and professional about it, but I think he still didn't like me. Oh well.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 2:15am
Msg #82094

When refinancing my home I called my Insurance Agent and the guy working for him tried to get me to switch to his broker which he was "tight" with. I could not believe it, kinda of floored me.

Reply by B__CA on 12/13/05 2:21am
Msg #82096

He doesn't work for him any longer does he?

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 3:15am
Msg #82098

Not sure, I did not say anything, was so busy at that time that I did not have the energy to complain.

Reply by Danny_FL on 12/13/05 7:52am
Msg #82113

yall jus take dem types on down ta da swamp anna feed 'em ta da 'gators. Is why we'n have noooo problems like dat down here anna 'gators be reeeaaallll happy too...ye hear?

Danny

Reply by NM_CO on 12/13/05 8:15am
Msg #82118

Danny, you just made my eyes cross in all sorts of directions. lol.

Reply by christiSocal on 12/13/05 2:00pm
Msg #82234

We've had a couple of gators here lately, maybe we

should keep them around a little longer! Poor things could use a little feedin up. Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.