Notary Rotary
Signature Plus
Notary Discussion History

Signature Plus
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Mary Wright on 12/14/05 6:57pm
Msg #82613

Signature Plus

It has been 4 months since I did a signing for this company and I still have yet to be paid. Spoke with Allison yesterday, of course no Melody to be found. Today she tried to give me voice mail. Called back again and insisted on speaking with Melody. Told her I was going to contact BBB, Consumer Protection, States Attorney office and anyone else that I could get to look into this problem. Then to top it all off, I called the lender and let them know what was had transpired with this company. I also told this loan officer to read all the information about Signature Plus posted on Rotary Notary.

The upshot of this information is that I actually did speak with someone who said she was Melody. She said a check had been mailed out to me yesterday. I did tell her that unless the check was here in 3 business days, I would be contacting the above people and putting her in collections. To be honest with you, if I had to forfeit my money to give to a collection agency to make her pay what my fee would have been, it would be worth it. There is no real guarantee at this time that I will get paid. However, I will keep you posted.

Reply by Janel Nichols on 12/14/05 9:44pm
Msg #82649

I was reading past posts regarding this company. I had a similar experience. Signing from August 23, 2005 did not get paid until Nov. 25, 2005. I faxed and also got the Melody run around. Although every time I called she would not take my calls. By this time I was furious. Made a couple posts. Got the name of Corina Buhler at: 888-245-2112. Check Address: 220 Technology #110 Irvine CA 92618 as "X Marks the Spot" DBA Signatures Plus, LLC.

I was told Corina was a supervisor. Yet that did not yield results until I went back to the lender pack of edocs pulled the Doc Prep Worksheet and started working on the Equity Coordinator regarding this closing. Although I realized she had nothing to do with it. I explained that the borrowers were charged for services and the money did not go to the appropriate party. Which was me. I just went back to the beginning and started back up the chain of command.

I started with the borrowers and asked general questions regarding their experience with me, did the loan fund on time? Did they send out another Notary for problems? All answers were no. Finally I get a call with the explanation that restructuring was going on and that there was no reason why I was not to be paid. She said they were going to send a check out that day. Which was Nov 21, 2005.

They indeed did. I received the check on Nov 25th, 2005. I quickly noticed the check was backdated for October 24th, 2005, signed by ME Ferraro. Not sure who this is. The envelope was postmarked Santa Ana CA, Nov 21st, 2005. The day they said they were going to send a check. However it was dated for Oct. 24th, 2005. I am not sure if they were holding this check or what??? So you can get paid. You just have to be consistent. Hope the above info helps!!

Reply by Anonymous on 12/14/05 10:54pm
Msg #82656

Mary, Mary, quite contrary......

check out the no no list...its quite scary

Reply by AMSm on 12/15/05 11:01am
Msg #82753

Re: Mary, Mary, quite contrary......

WOW, I guess this company really makes you work for your money. I still haven't been paid but I'm working on it. Glad to hear some people are getting money.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.