Notary Rotary
T-dog, Carolyn, other CO notaries:
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Bonnie_CO on 12/7/05 11:56am
Msg #80945

I'm getting my winter car kit ready to go in my cars and can't remember what it was that I soaked a roll of TP in and let dry out then seal in the 3lb coffee can. It makes it burn smokeless and for a long time in case you get stuck and can't run your car heater. Keeps you toasty warm while you wait. (Don't ask how I know that part! Embarrassing). Didn't get around to making a new one last year, but this winter looks like it could turn into a regular CO winter rather than these fairly mild ones the past few years.
Anybody remember what it was that you soak it in?

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/7/05 12:11pm
Msg #80949

First I've heard of this but you certainly have my interest. Don't you have a problem burinin it in your car, especially with Carbon Monoxide??? I'd certainly like to hera more.

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 12/7/05 1:19pm
Msg #80965

Charles

Just crack the window, same as you would with the heater running, especially if the tailpipe is buried in the snow!~

Reply by Paul_IL on 12/7/05 12:38pm
Msg #80956

TP heater may save your life. This requires a empty coffee can with the plastic lid, at least two 16 ounce bottles of rubbing alcohol and one roll of unscented toilet paper. It's easy to make:

1. Knead the toilet paper roll in your hands to loosen the inner cardboard core. Remove the core,compress the roll and place inside the coffee can. I used a small roll of TP and put it in a 13 ounce metal coffee can.

2. Pour one bottle of rubbing alcohol into the can, let it soak in and -carefully-light the top of the paper. It should burn with a clean flame.

3. Set the can in an area free of flammable materials. The heater will produce deadly CO2 so crack the windows on both sides to provide ventilation. Fuel is running low when the edges of the toilet paper starts to brown. Blow out the flame. Add another bottle and relight. Each bottle will provide flame with intermittent use for 18 to 24 hours.

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 12/7/05 1:18pm
Msg #80963

THANK YOU!

I knew it was a common item that you soaked it in! Just couldn't remember what!
Most definately crack the windows! The deadly gases go out the window and you stay toasty!

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/7/05 1:24pm
Msg #80966

Wow, that's totally new to me but very valuable info...Thanks Paul!

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/7/05 10:46pm
Msg #81080

Thanks for reminding me Bonnie. Going to the cabin for Christmas, I have to rob the avalanche survival kit that we use when we are on the snowmobiles, and throw in the back of the Blazer. I'll just have to remember to grab it for the snowmobiles when needed.

BTW, I'm just now dragging my rear home and I can tell you that my morning oatmeal has not lasted in my stomach for 16 hours. Five signings today.

One refi that should have taken maybe 45 minutes took 3-1/2 hours. The woman was a spaz case. She didn't understand anything and I told her that I couldn't *explain* She wanted me to call TC on *my* dime and I said she could call. "Well, I don't have any idea what to ask or what to say ...." I told her to get them on the phone and I'd start the conversation and get it going and then she could take over.

I smell like a friggin' ash tray. No kidding, this woman smoked 2-1/2 packs of cigarettes while I was there. She had 4 cats that were all over the table, all over me -- I'M SORRY -- I'M NOT A CAT PERSON. She talked to the TC for nearly an hour on the phone. They are cutting checks for the creditors and mailing to her for her sig and then she is to send on. Nooooo, that's not what she wanted. She wanted nearly $100,000 put in her checking account and she would pay the creditors herself -- yeah, right, like that was ever going to happen. If she didn't have problems handling money, she wouldn't be in the situation she is now. When she got off the phone, she was just beside herself -- "am I signing my life to the devil ..." then she gets up and begins doing dishes! I told her that I had other appointments. She comes back to the table for a few minutes then jumps up to let the freakin' cats out then out, then in .... It was an overnight docs, so of course, the docs were not in the same order. She had to go through her pack and get the docs in the same order that *my* docs were in. Then she has to call Joe Blow Friend on the phone and tell him what a awful day she is having.

I finally lost it and told her that I was allergic to both cats and cig smoke -- so what does she do -- opens up the door and windows wide open in that invigorating 2 above zero temp.

The calendar may say it's only the 7th, but it's the worst EOM that I've ever had.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 12/7/05 11:05pm
Msg #81086

Re: T-dog, Carolyn, other CO notaries: Carolyn

Carolyn, you've earned that hot chocolate/Tea/whatever-you-like and a very warm bath to wash off the smell. Wrap up in your comfort robe, turn up the heat and appreciate your Sandy.

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 12/7/05 11:20pm
Msg #81091

Carolyn

I do that "transfer" thing too! This year I've decided to make up extra avalanche packs so that I have them for the vehicles, and the snowmobiles! It never fails that I'll forget to change them out now and then! Those are kinda like the american express card, you don't leave home without them! LOL

Sorry to hear about your day! How could you breathe? Can't believe she actually opened up the house, in this weather! Those are the kinds of signings we could all do without! I only had 2 tonight, but when I left the house at 6:30 tonight the temp was --9 already, by the time I left the last one at 8:30 and got back to the house, the temp was down to --13, it's gonna be a tad bit cool tonight!

Stay warm up there tonight, time to build a nice big fire in the woodstove and let it burn nice and slow all night!
Have a nice hot drink, (or some peppermint schnapps works real well!), a long hot bath, and nice soothing music and relax! You've earned it!!
Goodnight all....

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.