Notary Rotary
Taxes
Notary Discussion History

Taxes
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Chris_NJ on 12/21/05 7:02am
Msg #83816

Taxes

Does anyone have experience using H&R's tax program versus TurboTax? I'm looking at both. I thought the premier turbo would be appropriate for what I need, but then there's alot of the HR programs out there.TIA

Reply by Anonymous on 12/21/05 7:58am
Msg #83822

I know a few people who had problems with H&R tax cut software, one even found a mistake in their program. I've used turbo tax in the past, but now I just save the money on the softare and go to Jackson Hewitt Tax Service and have them do it for me...they are less expensive than H&R Block, have much better qualify of people and it's not much more than buying the software yourself.

Good luck!
Toni (NY)

Reply by Roger_OH on 12/21/05 9:10am
Msg #83833

I love Turbo Tax. It makes Schedule C a breeze, and even does the exemption of notary fees
from SE taxes.

Reply by CW_PA on 12/21/05 10:31am
Msg #83847

My experience with H & R Block and Jackson Hewitt Tax Service has been different than yours. In my area both are franchises that are independently owned and operated. Although there are a few Block company stores. The service you receive is going to depend on the qualifications of the owner. Here JH employees are not required to complete any additional courses to continue their employment, where HRB employees are required to complete a course with an 80% and a mandatory 3 day/evening training program.

Another suggestion would be to try an online program (Tax Act, etc.) There are several progams to choose from and online help is available.

Reply by Mike_AZ on 12/21/05 10:58am
Msg #83858

www.TaxAct.com is free

CW is right. TaxAct.com is free for the federal return. The state program is cheap.

I used Turbo Tax for years. Last year I tried TaxAct. Loved it.

Reply by Chris_NJ on 12/21/05 11:24am
Msg #83866

Re: www.TaxAct.com is free THANK YOU! n/m

Reply by cmd_NH on 12/21/05 11:45am
Msg #83872

Re: www.TaxAct.com is free

I use TaxAct...and love it. 3 years now!

Reply by Sandy_MD on 12/21/05 12:42pm
Msg #83892

I worked for Jackson Hewitt for 6 years and still use Tax Act of the taxes that I do on the side and my own.

Reply by Nicole_NCali on 12/22/05 5:17pm
Msg #84202

Re: Turbotax girl myself..

I love turbotax, the program is idiot proof and if you use quickbooks or quicken, it up-loads directly into the program.

I used taxact last year and it was also a good program. As a fail safe, I get a pub 17 from the irs website www.irs.gov and see if there any significant changes that may affect my bottom line.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.