Notary Rotary
Teasa Mahar Notary
Notary Discussion History

Teasa Mahar Notary
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by The Closing Station, Inc. - Closing Dept on 12/15/05 3:31pm
Msg #82826

Teasa Mahar Notary

For all who are considering this lady Teasa Mahar for closings, BEWARE. She is not all there. She made the borrowers very uncomfortable with her nonsense at the closing. I will NEVER hire her again. The borrowers nearly rescinded because of her. Her service is not worth 2 cents

Reply by MB_AZ on 12/15/05 3:41pm
Msg #82830

I don't know Teasa or your company but looks like she posted back in July that she was having touble getting payment from your company. Could you be upset that she took legal action to get paid?

Reply by Jacqi Shifflett on 12/15/05 3:54pm
Msg #82833

Do NOT ever call me for a closing....... you sound extremely unprofessional as well as mentally unbalanced. What a headcase!!!!!!

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/15/05 4:03pm
Msg #82837

wow...

How totally unprofessional of you to write this. It speaks volumes on your ethics and professionalism. You should have paid her before she handed you over to an attorney. As I understood it, she sat there over two hours because the borrowers were uninformed. Please don't ever call me!

Reply by NM_CO on 12/15/05 4:09pm
Msg #82839

Plain and simple. Don't use them again, don't whine and then move on. There's no point to creating drama for "yourself" in this business. I'm surprised you have time for it. Not trying to be rude but trying to make a point that it's not worth your time to even talk about. Your post is not going to stop other people from using her/him.

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/15/05 4:15pm
Msg #82845

"Your post is not going to stop other people from using her/him."

Huh??? I beg to differ -- this is slander and she has a right to come down on them for exactly that reason! When a company posts what this one did, she standes to lose business because of it

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/15/05 4:20pm
Msg #82852

Re: Teasa Mahar Notary...what?

NM_CO this is definitely a case of slander. Yes, this could hurt Teasa's business. Go back and look at the original posts for this bull and then maybe you'll understand why everyone is jumping to her defense.

Reply by NM_CO on 12/15/05 4:23pm
Msg #82855

Re: Teasa Mahar Notary...what?

Maybe I wrote it wrong. I was on her side to begin with. I disagree with the original post.

Reply by gabby02 on 12/15/05 4:28pm
Msg #82858

I understood what NM_CO was getting at....

why does the SS start this crap in the first place. Who has time especially if you are running a SS business. That would indicate to me that they don't that much success as a SS in the first place.

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/15/05 4:42pm
Msg #82868

Re: I understood what NM_CO was getting at....

Is it just me or what???

ok here it is...what NM stated was: (and was wrong)

I'd like to know how one assumes this. We all have time during the day to post or do other things. No one works every minute of an eight hour day. So bringing up having time to post is a moot point. The point is, is that this post is slanderous, not a waste of time, indicating that they are a failing business.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/15/05 4:10pm
Msg #82840

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Someone who makes a post like that needs to be ready to back it up. Are you??

Reply by Calnotary on 12/15/05 4:13pm
Msg #82843

Re: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Lets wait for Teasa side of the story.

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/15/05 4:16pm
Msg #82847

Cal...

do a search on the company and you'll see her side of it.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 12/15/05 4:17pm
Msg #82848

see message 54222

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/15/05 4:19pm
Msg #82850

Re: see message 54222

Looks to me like you are just upset because she was making you pay her. If I were her I would sue you for slander as well because you are hurting her business opportunities therefore her income.

Reply by NM_CO on 12/15/05 4:20pm
Msg #82851

I agree. I read her post as well and that is how I took it too.

Reply by Beth/MD on 12/15/05 4:22pm
Msg #82853

It's not like any of us would want to work with this company, so I guess slander's all that's left for them.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/15/05 4:26pm
Msg #82857

Sorry. lost my head for a moment

I had a SS trash me on another board last year after I won a small claims case against them, was able to take the judgement order to their bank and get the funds. I guess I took enough $$ out for several of theiraccount for a lot of checks to bounce and hence the trashing. Unfortunately, they went out of business and left a lot of people hanging.

Sensitive issue for me.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/15/05 5:58pm
Msg #82903

Re: Sorry. lost my head for a moment - Glenn

Wow, Glenn...if that was losing your head, I bet you barely have a pulse when you are not angry. Smiley

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/15/05 6:27pm
Msg #82912

Re: Sorry. lost my head for a moment - Glenn

I have been told if I were any more laid back, I would be dead, but that's another story.

Actually, I don't get mad, I get even . Smiley

Reply by TCMN on 12/15/05 4:47pm
Msg #82873

WAIT A MINUTE

First I am NOT defending the SS OR the notary. I want to point out an observation though..

Why does everyone jump on the SS's that post a (alleged) bad notary, but we post all the time the bad companies?

For one, they might have been a bad notary with THAT company, just like it might have been a bad SS with THAT notary.

Slander? Then every one of us would be in trouble if you've ever said anything bad about a company. You praise someone for warning you of bad companies but not the other way around. Does anyone else think theres something wrong with that? You can't say that the SS doesn't lose business when someone says they never pay...

I must say though that this might not be the place to post this situation but should you have proof, then why not? Notaries do it with the companies all the time.

just a thought...and I guess I'm ready for the bashing...just give me valid reasons why I'm wrong or out of line or not seeing things correctly...don't just be a jerk to see it on screen or to feel better about yourself.

Thx

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/15/05 5:13pm
Msg #82888

Re: WAIT A MINUTE

Here's my opinion. When a fellow notary prints a company name after trying to collect for several months, generally he/she is looking for help. When a notary posts a question on the reputation of a new company, generally they are looking for help.
This particular notary posted on this payment issue, back in July and posted that she was not paid for a loan that the SS admits, funded.

To blatantly throw a notary's name out there like this is irresponsible and slanderous and the company thereby is deliberately trying to cause her harm and ruin her reputation.

In my book, those are apples to oranges.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/15/05 5:43pm
Msg #82895

Re: WAIT A MINUTE - TCMN

I am always up for a friendly exchange of opinions. I won't say you are wrong or out of line, but , in general, I do not agree with your post. To me it seems you are considering slander to be anything said which is negative whether true or false. Slander is made up by lying and passing on lies. That is why I said the post was a perfect example of slander.

The original poster did not tell us of a specific event. They "trashed" Teasa with innuendo and subjective terms as if they were fact.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/15/05 5:09pm
Msg #82885

Re: Thank you very much for posting this and showing

your true and unprofessional side.

DON'T EVER, and I repeat, DON'T EVER call me for a signing. And yes, I meant to shout!

Reply by Teasa Mahar on 12/15/05 6:09pm
Msg #82906

Solomon Algazi - Rebuttal - VERY Long

A friend emailed me that my name is in lights on the notary board, just what we all want to see.
I did one and only one closing for him in 6/05 (why he is posting in 12/05 is beyond me, would never do one again).
My mentor who is an officer of The American Society of Notaries (not name dropping, just what it is) referred SA to me.
I called customer to confirm and he said he didn’t want to do at home as his in-laws were in town and his house would be too busy. I said ok, pick location and he asked if we could do it here and I said ok.
Email docs, last minute. SA says he has a FEW extra docs to for me to copy, ends up being 49. I advise him to $25 extra for all the extra emails and copying. He had an attitude but agreed.
The customer said he had been calling his broker for days with questions but he did not return his calls. So guess what, upon seeing HUD he wants to talk to broker. Of course at my table. The broker was condescending but did take a few, very few bucks off the fees.
I had to WAIT for a new HUD and TIL and print it.
The customer is checking every copy that was provided to him against what he is signing.
Then there are 2 TIL’s; a bank TIL and a broker TIL. The customer wants an explanation so he calls broker again. I have SA on one line and the customer has broker on another. SA says to me, stop harassing the customer and go forward. I am not harassing anyone, the guy wants an answer and doesn’t like my short one. WOULD THE BROKER PLEASE DO HIS JOB. No lay it at the feet of the notary.
So after some BS from the broker we go forward, again the customer checking every copy against what he is signing. Paranoia.
The customer does say to me, “this is a special loan”. Don’t know what that means.
I do know he is married; wife not in title, big cash out and my human hunch is that he doesn’t want his wife to know about loan, thus signing here.
Finish signing and customer leaves. He sits outside my house for a full 15 minutes doing God knows what; looking at docs, calling broker, playing tidily winks, I don’t know.
Well I believe 60 days out and I’m not paid. I go to my mentor and ask what up, does this guy pay. Mentor checks and says he has old invoices also and he will follow up. I called and emailed SA, NO REPLY. Finally I sent an email that if I wasn’t paid I was going to the title co. Guess what he returned my call and said check in the mail.
As Frank McCourt would say I don’t give a flying fiddles fart if the loan rescinded. I did more than my part. As far as I am concerned the broker, scheduler and customer where all out to lunch.
I think a few months back I gave a negative response to a post on this board about SA and he is finally reading his fan mail and is pissed. Or because of my post people won’t close for him, I just don’t know. Geeze SA read your fan mail more than every six months.
I will say, in my negative post I did give the facts but did say I thought he was late paying just because he is so busy. I did try to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Now I think he is just busy being a jerk SA you are a signing service, GROW UP and pay people on time and don’t act like a condescending, lying jerk.
I am in central NY and SA is downstate NY (NYC). Don’t mean to get personal, BUT HE STARTED IT, and got my IRISH UP, they can be condescending and too hip to be true, like we are just a bunch of bumpkins. So that’s my story and I’m stickin to it.

Reply by Teasa Mahar on 12/15/05 6:24pm
Msg #82911

Solomon Algazi

All you guys thanks for your support. But see how there are 2 sides to every story. Not fun being trashed in public, especially when not deserved. I'll take my licks when due but he is way off base. It was one nightmare closing of which I was just the facilitator.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/15/05 6:30pm
Msg #82914

Re: Solomon Algazi

Been there, done that.

In my experience, 99% of the problems at the table would not happen if the broker or the loan officer would take the time to explain the documents and BE ACCURATE WITH THE FIGURES before we got there.

Never a dull moment.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/15/05 6:32pm
Msg #82916

That's the exact reason last week, my simple 45-60 minute signing took over 3 hours. The Borrower didn't have a clue about the docs, the loan, or life in general for that matter -- and I was not going to sell the loan for them.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/15/05 6:34pm
Msg #82917

Kudos to you Teasa for sticking up for yourself.

Reply by Teasa Mahar on 12/15/05 6:56pm
Msg #82920

Very eloquent Solomon, Just my 2 Cents

Reply by JurneiCA on 12/15/05 10:11pm
Msg #82956

Re: Very eloquent Solomon, Just my 2 Cents

Wow, would I run to an attorney with that signing company's contact information and his postings. Sounds like a major bucks law suit that I would definitely pursue. Best of luck to you, go for it!

Reply by Anonymous on 12/15/05 10:16pm
Msg #82957

You decide if she's a wacko!!

These are some of her actual posts:
1. Last year the bookeeper/check writer I thought had a very thick German accent, a Ms. Grant, I'm not sure of her first name (Marilyn?) Nice to know they have the United Nations working for them to stiff notaries. Based on previous posts I don't know the method to their madness for not paying/paying notaries. Maybe you have to be foreign to get paid, or at least have an accent.

2. Last cutoff they asked me to do a signing and I believe it was Amerq. It was near by but offered $75 for edocs and wouldn't budge, and then the babysitting. Get a life.

3.My God, run your business as you see fit and leave people who disagree with you alone. You started this rampage. My God with all your ranting who would work for you, hopefully not us.

4.Sylvia, I am not one to correct you but per the movie, Home for the Holidays, one of my favorites, I think it goes like this: "Opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one and NO one thinks their's stinks. Sorry couldn't resist.

5. As I stated in an earlier thread I stupidly signed up for a free membership on the above. Of course I got a "welcome" email from above. I emailed back stating I thought it was that weird guy and that the site was full of you know what. Anyway, I get a return email stating that I didn't waste any time joining the above. I really don't think any reputable person or site owner would reply to my nasty message in that way unless it is bogus. I could really kick myself for joining and I feel like I'm being stalked.

6. Is there anything that you are not an expert on. What a blow bag.

7. I don't choose fedex, my clients do and most of them use it. The customers that use UPS, I never have a problem. Have had the same driver for years. I have told fedex a 1000 times to leave pacs inside side screen door, do they do it, no. I think they are both lazy and stupid.

8. What is 10,000 attorneys at the bottom of the sea? A GOOD START. I couldn't resist.

9. I worked for attornys for years and if you are an attorney as you say, God help your clients. Every attorney and firm I know of in NY is in Martindale-Hubbell. It defies logic not to be. I thought you had to go back to work about 2 days ago. Great plug for the ABA, I'm sure they are thrilled to have your endorsement.

10. that was proceeded by:
That was cute. I am saving it.
BTW, if tyou ever want to find out if a person is am attorney go to the ABA first, most lawyers are members. Also, google people you will find a lot about them.

11. This is exactly the kind of thing that scares me with sharing our profiles. Wackos. Why didn't he/she address their spelling phobia here instead of personally. Nuts.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/15/05 10:20pm
Msg #82958

Is she a wacko!!!???

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/16/05 2:32am
Msg #82971

Re: Is she a wacko!!!??? Anon.

No. Teasa's not the wacko here...it took you a really long time to look all that up. Sounds personal to me, Anon. Like you don't have much of a sense of humor.

Reply by MB_AZ on 12/15/05 11:07pm
Msg #82962

BrendaTX?

This reply sounds like your writing. If so, why the anon?

Reply by MB_AZ on 12/15/05 11:11pm
Msg #82964

Re: BrendaTX? Not the one above...The one with the

11 point analysis.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/16/05 2:30am
Msg #82970

Re: BrendaTX?

**BrendaTX?
Posted by MB_AZ on 12/15/05 11:07pm
Msg #82962 from logged in user
This reply sounds like your writing. If so, why the anon? **

You are incorrect. Re-read the post you refer to.

Out of a full page of 11 points, exactly two short lines were the author's.
The rest of the lines were Teasa's own words. How could you draw the conclusion that the post sounded like me?

As an aside, I could not find anything within the 11 points to make her look like a whacko.

Reply by Teasa Mahar on 12/16/05 10:05am
Msg #83007

To Anon, Who's the Wacko?

Anon is a stalker and stalkers are cowards and dangerous. That’s why they lock them up. Anon, this little investigative piece took you quite a while. Why don’t you read a book, watch a movie or at least a good soap opera instead of making this board one. Or at the very least level the playing field and identify yourself so we can VERY SELECTIVELY pick and choose your comments and post them. It’s all pretty dry innocuous stuff anyway, not really very interesting, but it obviously is to you. There are certain people on this board that God forbid you disagree with, they have memories like elephants. That is what I think Anon’s post stems from or else it’s a very bored puppy.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.