Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
The NNA is starting to irritate the crap out of me!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Charles_Ca on 12/12/05 8:20pm
Msg #82035

I just received a second notice regarding my NSA Section membership renewal. I received the same statement entitled "Membership Renewal Notice" in November with a payment due date of Nov 30. This notice has a payment due date of December 31. Now my membership expires May 31, in 2006. Not only is this jumping the gun a little but smacks of techniques used by cheap magazines to get you to re-subscribe multiple times. I hate this. How come this profession is crowded by so many unprofessional entities masquerading as professional organizations? Do we have so many un-professional members of this profession that they have no idea what a professional association does????? Cripes, no wonder so many people are being taken advantage of by employing organizations, and the professional organizations that ostensibly are set up to promote the profession.

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/12/05 8:25pm
Msg #82037

Get used to it -- you will get a renewal EVERY MONTH.

Reply by Tina_MA on 12/12/05 8:28pm
Msg #82038

I got the same thing from them last year. I knew exactly when my membership expires, as I keep note of such things in my Garmin iQue. I already had an alarm set to let me know one week prior to my expiration date to renew.

I made certain that they received my check almost on the date of my expiration. I think the NNA is a scummy organization, but I still receive quite a few calls from being listed on their site.

My listing on NotaryRotary has surpassed the NNA in calls, but until I go through a year without someone saying they found me there, I need to keep myself listed there.

Whenever a company calls me and I cannot fit them into my schedule, or its for another state (yes, that happens quite a bit for some reason), I always direct them to NotaryRotary, or I'll do the search for them and give them names and numbers from this site.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/12/05 8:31pm
Msg #82039

I Agree, that's good business sense, I just had to vent! NM

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/12/05 8:47pm
Msg #82044

I have five unopened letters about renewal after opening the first one and it hasn't been a year yet!

Reply by Happy_in_Fl on 12/12/05 10:05pm
Msg #82060

Felt the same way 5 months prior to my expiration date last time;

Then I realized they were offering a considerable discount to those who paid early on the subscription-

So, your option is to wait, and pay the full amount if and when you decide - or pay early and save some bucks.

I finally paid early, and saved.

Either way, the decision is yours of course.

Reply by John_NorCal on 12/12/05 11:08pm
Msg #82079

Got my renewal, my membership expires in Feb 06, I don't see any discount, it's $84.00 for NNA and Signing Agent section.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/13/05 10:35am
Msg #82160

Discount? What discount?

The only discount I see on this bogus bill is if I pay multiple years and I believe that this same disclount is available to all who pay multiple years at anytime.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/13/05 1:02pm
Msg #82218

Re: Discount? What discount?

My renew date was 10/31/05. I began getting renewals in April, the first one offered an "early bird discount" of $5.00. I kept that bill, threw away all the ones I received after that, and paid with that first, discounted invoice on 10/15/05. They took it.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/13/05 3:39am
Msg #82099

Welcome to the club! I finally decided to not renew with them, I was so fed up! What really bugs me is that they try to give the impression that they are a non-profit organization by using a ".org" for their website. They do have a foundation that is non-profit, but it is just a small part of the total operation which is definitely run for-profit (as is pretty apparent from their methods). Maybe it's a technicality, but it seems slimey to me...

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/13/05 2:17pm
Msg #82243

I chose not to renew membership for several reasons. However, the biggest irritant for not renewing was the monthly RENEW IMMEDIATELY invoices they sent for over six months prior to the actual renwal date. I've also said before, that over 90% of the low paying calls quit when I didn't renew.

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/13/05 3:36pm
Msg #82257

My concern with them is that whenever I call the hotline to ask a question, they tell me to call the lender or someone else. They NEVER answer my questions. They are good about getting your foot in the door, but as time moves on and you become more educated, they have no idea how to answer you. I am considering not renewing again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.