Notary Rotary
Totally Off Topic - Holiday Lights on Steroids
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Charles_Ca on 12/6/05 11:53am
Msg #80597

I don't want to hear nay griping, you've been properly warned this is totally off topic. Every year at this time many families put up lighting displays to enhance their holiday enjoyment. I have seem whole streets take up decorating together. Here in Fort Bragg, it used to be Taubold Court, in the city of Alameda in the Bay Area there is a street off of High that the whole street turns into a Holiday display and so in Southern California. My daughter who is a music major in a Southern California College sent me this site. They were studying music sequencing and stage lighting in an engineering course she is taking. When you get to the website just click on the link entitled "Wizards of Winter" the rest of the discussion is technical regarding the programming involved. The Trans-Siberian Orchestra is a rock/classical fusion group from Scandinavia, for those who might not be familiar with them.

http://www.wonderlandchristmas.com/wizardsofwinter.php

Reply by MB_AZ on 12/6/05 12:31pm
Msg #80611

That's awesome! That would never fly with our HOA. I've always wanted to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra. They are in PX this week but I never seem to get the tickets in time before they sell out.

Reply by Julie/AZ on 12/6/05 12:42pm
Msg #80613

I saw them last year, and have tickets for Sunday night; they are WONDERFUL. And the clip is incredible too!

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/6/05 1:19pm
Msg #80624

Charles...

That's a guy in Ohio, I posted that the day after Thanksgiving! It's making the news here lately. He's a computer engineer

How to get the kids home for x-mas...

CHRISTMAS DIVORCE

A man in Phoenix calls his son in New York the day before Christmas and says,

"I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your mother and I are divorcing; forty-five years of misery is enough."

"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screams.

"We can't stand the sight of each other any longer" the father says.

"We're sick of each other, and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and tell her."

Frantic, the son calls his sister, who explodes on the phone.

"Like hell they're getting divorced!", she shouts. "I'll take care of this."

She calls Phoenix immediately, and screams at her father, "You are NOT getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, do not do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?" and hangs up.

The old man turns to his wife and says, "O.K., they're coming for Christmas......and they're paying their own way!

Reply by srnotary_CA on 12/6/05 1:23pm
Msg #80625

Re: Charles...

LoL that is too funny. But a good way to get the kids home.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/6/05 1:28pm
Msg #80628

LOove it, That's great!

Actually, I'm taking the kid to Sedona AZ for some serious mountain biking just before Christmas and I think we'll spend Christmas in Lake Tahoe and get some skiing in. But just in case I'll have to remember that technique. Thanks for the laugh!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/6/05 1:29pm
Msg #80629

I have no idea how I bacame Anonymous?!? NM

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/6/05 1:32pm
Msg #80632

I do....

you probably use a roller ball like me. I frequently roll down the page and it rolls thru your profile name first if you don't click on the page first, I always catch myself changing back to Charm.

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/6/05 1:56pm
Msg #80644

Re: I do....Must be I love my trackball NM

Reply by CarolynCO on 12/6/05 2:08pm
Msg #80651

Re: or else you end up with your whole name posted. nm

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/6/05 1:34pm
Msg #80633

Sedona, fell in love with that town....n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/6/05 1:56pm
Msg #80645

Cool place, I love the canyons and the mesas!

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 12/6/05 3:14pm
Msg #80685

Re: Cool place, I love the canyons and the mesas!

There is a place just outside of town called slide rock. We used to hang out there as teens, you wouldn't think sliding down a rock slide into a natural pool could be so much fun!

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/6/05 1:32pm
Msg #80631

A neighbor down the street does this as well in Frisco, TX. We tune our radio stations to an am channel and 3 songs play and his yard lights up to the music. It is so cool!!! He is in a cul-de-sac, so it's always interesting traffic wise. I see the TSO on Dec. 17th. Can't wait, it's my annual tradition!!!! I buy early and get the closest seats I can. I wish I was up there with them. I am also a professional violinist. I play for the New Texas Symphony Orchestra. I would totally tour with them if I had the chance.

-Melissa

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/6/05 2:05pm
Msg #80648

Call the Agent and audition.

I don't know if you know Nightwish (www.nightwish.com) but Tarja Turunen is leaving to go into opera and my daughter is auditioning with them for a tour this summer to replace Tarja. You have to follow your dream. Sound like the Tx Symphony is great experience. what chair do you occupy. My daughter went to the SF Conservatory of Music and will be starting at UC Irvine this winter. She is majoring in vocal performance. I believe that music is great training for wahtever anyone want to do. Many many years ago I auditioned for a slot at Juliard and was accepted and then I decided I really didn't like the piano enough to spend 8 hours a day with it Smiley.

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/6/05 4:05pm
Msg #80702

Re: Call the Agent and audition.

Second chair to the concert Master. When I lived in Hanover, NH I played for the Dartmouth Symphony Orchestra. When I lived in Upstate NY, (college yrs.), I played for the Catskill Symphony Orchestra. That is wonderful to hear about your daughter and if you were accepted in to Juliard, then WOW!!! That is quite an accomplishment!!!! A couple of my College Professors graduated from Juliard. I was a Music Performance Major and Info. Science Major. I minored in German...so now I work Telecom, am a SA, a TKD instructor, and play violin in an Orchestra. Smiley My family asks why I don't have any kids.... LOL

-Melissa

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/6/05 5:33pm
Msg #80738

Second Chair, how wonderful!

That takes a lot of work and dedication. I used to have a neighbor who taught music at Capistrano Unified in San Juan Capistrano for the whole district. She really was a neat lady but somewhat thin skinned when it came to her music. She was second chair for the Redlands Synphony Orchestra.I used to get under her skin by telling her she played "second fiddle" and it always got a reaction. Otherwise she was a wonderful person. Enjoy your music, your TKD and and the Telecom job, kids are great but a lot of it (at least at this point) is kind of a thankless task. Right now I'm having serious boyfriend problems: my daughter's!!

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/6/05 8:35pm
Msg #80780

Re: Second Chair, how wonderful!

I take it your daughters are teenagers? Or soon to be?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.