Notary Rotary
Tracking info
Notary Discussion History

Tracking info
Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by BeckyNY on 12/18/05 9:09am
Msg #83229

Tracking info

I have a questions for everyone. I am new and would like to know how (what program) everyone keeps track of everything. Their invoices, no-no lists, tc, ss etc. What is the best way you have found to do this. I need something to make the tracking a little bit easier.

Thanks

Reply by Premier Signing Services on 12/18/05 11:14am
Msg #83237

We use this website for everything except billing. That we do with Quickbooks. Only reason we do not do billing with the invoicing on here is beacuse it oes not track payments and who owes what, and we also have other aspects to our business we track with Quickbooks.

Reply by Brenda/CA on 12/18/05 12:20pm
Msg #83245

I use Quickbooks Simple Start Edition 2005, I purchased online for $79.95. This can do invoicing, past due statements, etc. Can keep track of up to 145 customers.

Reply by anonymous on 12/18/05 1:42pm
Msg #83249

I simply maintain a file cabinet, with tabs reading unpaid notaries jobs, paid notaries jobs are moved to the lower drawer. Then I also keep troubled notary work, however those we seldom forget, canceled notary work and so on. I do need to create a tab for signing services, however the no no services are clearly listed in the troubled signings and we do tend to remember them. This works for me, I do create a file on every notary signing work order and make notes. I even scan the Fedex package and that too goes in the file folder, the work order, when the check comes I scan that also and in the file it goes. Then I have every detail of that work order from start to completion.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/18/05 1:53pm
Msg #83254

Re: Tracking info - To anonymous: that is...

an admirable system you have in place. Probably the best I have heard of yet.

Reply by anonymous on 12/18/05 1:55pm
Msg #83256

Re: Tracking info - To anonymous: that is...Thanks..n/m

Reply by Lorraine Maguire on 2/13/06 1:20pm
Msg #96730

When I first started, I had no idea how to organize. I came up with something similar to this, but I never thought to also scan the incoming shipping info.

I do print out all correspondence (emails, letters, faxes, etc) that pertain to each signing, and I print out my Outlook appointment into which I type details about the signing. I even print out MapQuest directions and mileage and keep those in the borrower's folder. This is particularly useful when you run personal errands between the signing and the return home (can you tell I was audited in the past? It was my former business, but the IRS denied my mileage deductions because I did not account separately for personal vs business miles). Notary beware!

I do not keep my files alphabetically. My file folder tabs contain the borrower's # and my invoice #. I file them in numerical order (oldest to newest) and in separate drawers (paid vs unpaid). If I had only seen this site/topic when I first started I could have saved myself a whole lot of reinventing the wheel.

Oh, one other thing that I put on my file folders - I have a template that contains all the pertenent info about the signing that I print onto 1/2 sheet stickers and affix to the front of each folder. That way, I can see at a glance the transaction info without having to look thru the entire folder for the Escrow # or the T/C's FedEx account # or stuff like that.

Reply by Heather Yates on 12/19/05 1:20pm
Msg #83415

I use Quicken Premier Home and Business. It is easier to use than QuickBooks and a lot cheaper. I also have 2 files in my filing cab. One says 2005 Notary Closings Paid and the other says 2005 Notary Closings waiting payment. I take my assignment sheets and I attach the fed ex or ups airbill to them.
Hope this helps you out.

Reply by Janel Nichols on 12/19/05 1:47pm
Msg #83421

I use QB 2005. Once I enter an invoice and customer info it automatically tells me who is past due. I back up my company info monthly. I file everthing in alphabetical order as far as borrowers go. One drawer for SS & Title with tabs indicating which. Ah.... those troublesome SS's, They go to the bottom drawer, NEVER to be used again. I also keep a quick link on my desktop for the "NO NO" SS's. When I have past dues...QB automatically generates an collections list from which I can email, call, fax and create collection letters. It also tracks mileage for each job and makes end of year a breeze!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.