Notary Rotary
Vent - lazy lenders/SS/TC
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Art_MD on 12/20/05 8:11am
Msg #83568

Took an assignment yesterday (Mon) for signing tomorrow (Wed) at 6:30. Figure I can squeeze it in between 2 other assignments. Instructions on confirmation says contact borrower within 4 hrs. Leave message. Get a call last night from borrower - she hadn't heard anything for a week regarding her heloc!!!! The time and date were new to her!!!
How do they set a time and date without borrower input. Luckily, the time and date were OK with the borrower.

Also, instructions say when I get the overnite package, check instructions and make sure borrower has everything needed ( insurance addendum?, copy of ID??, paystubs??, who knows what else?). So, when I get the package, could be at 4:30, I've got to jump thru hoops to instruct borrower? I asked borrower if she was told that she needed to bring anything to closing. She said no, and again said she hadn't talked to anyone in a week.

Oh well, thats the biz...

Art

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/20/05 8:17am
Msg #83572

happened to me once. The borrower wasn't aware of the closing. After I confirmed, the SS called me back to call her and tell her she needed to bring $xxxx.xx to the closing. Do we see two wasted calls and my time here?

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 12/20/05 9:32am
Msg #83607

Per instruction of the SS, I made an appointment with the borrower before getting the edocs. The SS said they dont' get the paperwork from title until the appointment is scheduled. (I prefer getting the paperwork, then making appointment). I called the borrower and made the appointment and let them know that when I received the paperwork I would let them know how much they needed to bring to the table. They called me almost a dozen times asking for the info. and I said that I hadn't received the paperwork yet, but as soon as I did, I would let them know.

I tried to contact the SS, but they said they were still waiting too.

The paperwork came in just before the appointment, so while the borrower was stressed out trying to get a cashiers check before the bank closed, my laserprinter was pumping out almost 400 pages. Whew!!! Somehow we both made it to the signing on time.

Reply by BetsyMI on 12/20/05 9:49am
Msg #83614

That drives me crazy when the borrower isn't even aware of the appointment date or time. I wonder why in the world the TC or SS is giving me an evening appointment sometimes when the borrower is home during the day, which is when I'd prefer to do the closing too. So sometimes after talking to the borrower, we decide to meet earlier in the day, which is more agreeable to both of us.

Reply by christiSocal on 12/20/05 3:00pm
Msg #83709

I've had that happen several times. So frustrating! A couple of borrowers were very suspious "my loan officer didn't tell me you were going to call, so who are you?" Other times the time set was impossible for them! If LO's or SS's insist on setting the appt, it would be nice if they actually DID.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.