Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Vital Signing $65.00 for e-docs and 25 miles 1 way ?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Cari_MO on 12/15/05 1:22pm
Msg #82787

Had to decline !

Reply by davidK on 12/15/05 1:43pm
Msg #82794

They just don't get that we are in this business to make money for ourselves, not for them.

I had a signing yesterday where the borrower refused to sign the first time, and when the docs were redrawn there were TWO $150 charges by the SS on the Estimated Settlement Statement. Yup, screw the borrower even for the lender's mistakes.

Of course the SS would only pay me $35 for the no-sign, claiming that they didn't get paid for the refusal. Total and complete BS. The SS got their full $150 fee for the no-sign, I know it and they know it, but they won't be honest with me. I invested one hour on the no-sign while the borrower talked to his lender and I had to drive 23 miles each way in rush hour traffic. All that for $35, if I ever do get paid.

Next time the SS calls, we are going to have a new deal on no-signs or else they can shove it.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/15/05 1:53pm
Msg #82797

This business has become so cheap. Companies that used to be good are now rotten:

Vital, LFC just to name a few, I hope is a sign, so all bad SS go out of business. But if we
keep accepting low fees, we are going to subsidize them to keep them afloat.

Reply by Cari_MO on 12/15/05 3:00pm
Msg #82816

That right we need to all pass on low SS fees !!!

Reply by peterole_MN on 12/15/05 4:39pm
Msg #82865

I came out a little better, 75 for edocs, 40+ roundtrip. I can earn more per hour at Macs. I am surprised that they keep calling me...I keep telling them that the fees they offer are too low. (mileage alone at about .60 per mile would cut in the proposed fee by $24.00.) I told them that I can't go in the hole just help them make money.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.