Notary Rotary
Want a Good Laugh? or "Do I hear a Higher Bid"
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Teddog_CO on 12/2/05 8:05pm
Msg #80039

Almost 7pm get a call for a signing over 51 miles one way. A Refi /with edocs- somewhat nasty voice asks what I charge I tell her she barks back "I can't pay that!!" she up's her Auction bid to a screaming $90 bucks. WOW! Now she's turning my fur the wrong way! GRRRR I tell her" I know what it costs me to do business." She is still hanging on the phone (guess she thought I would change my mind) End of conversation "No Sale to the Lowest Bidder" bidding closed! lol

I tell you these people are going off the "Deep End"

Everyone have a Great Week End!!!

Teddog

Reply by Charles_Ca on 12/2/05 8:21pm
Msg #80041

Going once, Going twice, Good riddance!

Some of these people are getting really shrill. Have a great one yourself!

Reply by Teddog_CO on 12/2/05 8:25pm
Msg #80043

Charles always a pleasure! Great weekend pal!! n/m

Reply by VA757Notary on 12/2/05 8:34pm
Msg #80044

I agree that these SS have gone off the deep end. I just received a call for an appointment for tomorrow. According to their calculations it's only 12 mi. away, but the catch is it's a refi and a piggyback loan. So I quoted my fee and guess what his response was..."I will note your fee and if I get approval from my supervisor I will call you back". I took that to mean that they would rather have a lower price quoted for all that work that will be involved from printing the docs to the long signing because it's a 1st and 2nd. This was one of those companies that has recently lowered its fees.

I really don't understand how they expect us to operate on little to nothing?

Reply by Mike_AZ on 12/2/05 9:41pm
Msg #80052

TC wants $140 for 45mi drive one/way inc eDocs in snow

Not only did this TC want $140 for an eDoc signing 45 miles away, they also were not sympathetic when I told them that a snow storm was expected for this area surrounding the time of the signing appointment!

$140 for:
Drive 90+ miles during a snow storm
eDocs
Signing

TC said they would have to get approval for $175 - my bargain rate for beginning of month.

Never heard back.
Some numbskull took the job for cheap.

Numbskull won't be my competition for long - they will soon realize they aren't making a nickel and will go out of business!

Stand firm on reasonable fees!

Reply by Teddog_CO on 12/2/05 11:05pm
Msg #80066

Re: TC wants $140 for 45mi drive one/way inc eDocs in snow

You better believe I'll stand firm on my fees. Who the heck can afford to work for what these people offer. If you are not elephant, don't work for peanuts!

Reply by LawrenceOK on 12/3/05 8:51am
Msg #80089

Did a CW Heloc for FASS on Wednesday here in Lex. for my base fee, (docs to borrower) FASS calls Thursday for a refi signing 30 miles 1-way, docs to borrower and would only pay $50.
I told the scheduler to go and find that $50 notary because my fee for that signing was $xx.
I am standing my ground on my fees and I will still be here when most of these $50 SS'a and SA's are out of business.

Reply by PA_Notary_II on 12/3/05 11:57am
Msg #80137

Likewise, ATM called me for a Saturday refi, 15 mis. one way....for $45....told her I don't go next door for $45....minimum is $75 + $25 e-docs, and that's for 10 mis. or less on a weekday.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.