Notary Rotary
Wireless Printer Routers cheaper than wireless printers
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 12/5/05 1:35am
Msg #80316

Search on the web for a Netgear wpgs606. You can connect two USB printers to it and four ethernet ports. This relatively newer routers are often retail around $100 but on sale frequent around $50 or sometimes around $10 after rebate.

Rather than spend an extra $100 for the wireless print feature on one or two printers, you can buy the much cheaper printer without wireless built into the printer. The printers without wireless built are often on sale at much lower prices.

Plus, the wireless technology is still evolving so fast, it is likely cheaper to replace the router over time than you printer.

The new wireless router with USB ports built in might save you a couple of bucks.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 12/5/05 8:00am
Msg #80317

FYI, Anon... Wireless routers have been around for years! I've been using one myself for at least 4 years when we converted everything to wireless. There is nothing new here, except that we are now seeing wireless built-in print servers in some "n" printers.

And personally, I would recommend Linksys or D-Link over Netgear.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.